Rugby Union

kiwififer

Remember the try wasn’t given because the TMO said the England player got there first. No other reason, grounded, pressure, control. Whatever. That didn’t come into the decision.

England player touched the ball first my arse.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Parrise needs to retire. Phenomenal player but past it

Parisse has had a couple of lengthy injuries lately. He had an operation on his left calf(?)  towards the end of last year. He was also out for a month before that with an injury to his right leg or arm. I can't remember. My French/Italian is as rusty as my memory. He was also harshly sent off not long before that and suspended indefinitely (it ended up being 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly). He hasn't had much game time for Stade in the last few months so he's understandably rusty.

Still a handsome devil though. :wub:

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

2 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Wales were very unlucky but to me there was no CLEAR downward pressure. 

We're now into the last 20mins and Wales seem to be huffing and puffing a bit. I think the 2 early tries have given the Welsh a wee bit too much to do.

Not helped by them kicking for the corner instead of the posts towards the end of the first half.

FFS why did he dive so early?

2 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

FFS why did he dive so early?

The dive was early but he was too obsessed with the try line and forgot about the guy who was just to his right who'd have scored a try.

Gatland said in the build-up that he thinks Wales are the fitter team. Not sure if I agree with that. They're being suffocated.

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Wouldn't like Wales to get a bonus point here

Aye, if like me you're still deluding yourself into thinking we can win this tournament by winning our four remaining games then you're wanting everyone but Italy to cancel each other out by losing two, but if we're not going to hammer anyone the way Wales did to us then we want none of them getting bonus points as well.

England lose to us and France

Ireland lose to us and England

Wales lose to England and Ireland

France to lose to us having already lost to Ireland

It's all set up for this to fall into place then we contrive to draw 9-9 in Italy.

I think Wales will be disappointed by that. They got as much possession as you can realistically hope to get at Twickenham but wasted it so many times. Even when they did manage to break through, and should have scored a couple of times, they messed it up.