Rugby Union

kiwififer

Is it just me or have Italy become way more honking in the past couple of years?

Italy have remained largely dreadful. They’ve been awful since they joined. Scotland have swerved between worse than dreadful and slightly above dreadful.

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
The national team or Italian rugby in general?

National Team certainly

I believe its because of the competition the National team is in. A couple years in the 6 nations B (rugby championship I think its called) , would do them the world of good I think. They would be competitive and winning games. This is where if a 7th team was added to the competition it would be to the benefit of Italy than other nations.

Last night, whilst not disappointing, was certainly frustrating. We coughed the ball up in the Dragons danger zone too often but fair play to the Dragons as they would possibly target this with our injuries and internationalists away. 

What has to be remembered is the Dragons are limited but they make themselves very stuffy to beat on their own patch where other teams can struggle on the 'challenging' surface. Also, their only 2 Welsh internationalists, Tyler Morgan(?) and Hallam Amos, weren't picked for Twickers as they're just back from injury so played last night. This meant Dragons were at full strength.

If I had been offered Glasgow to be unbeaten domestically barring 1 defeat and a draw so far I'd have bitten the proverbial hand off. Next week's a break week in the 6N so hopefully a few more guys are released for the Cheetahs visit on Friday night.

As for the internationals Scotland MUST bounce back tomorrow. France traditionally suffer from travel sickness and we need to prove that last Saturday was just a bad day at the office. The French will be bigger and more physical but we're more mobile imo so if we can keep the scrum up we can hopefully get our backs to run them ragged. 

My main concern is another hiding for the Under 20's though...

8 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Parrise needs to retire. Phenomenal player but past it

One of the finest No8's in the world but at f/t today will have lost 97 international matches. 

We have Keith Earls to thank for that last ditch tackle as Italy were close to a try BP. Just incase Scotland's trip to Rome is a wooden spoon decider. Though Ireland have lost Robbie Henshaw and Tagdh Furlong which may help going to Dublin...

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:
Shame Italy couldn't get a fourth try.

Why would you want them to get a bonus point?

It's unlikely that will effect us. If we beat them it's not going to matter, if we don't they'll deservedly finish ahead of us.

At half time O'Driscoll made a comment about trying to keep Italy to zero points so it would have been nice for Italy to go on to get 4 tries. They might be poor at the moment but at least they're trying to score tries when they can.

It's unlikely that will effect us. If we beat them it's not going to matter, if we don't they'll deservedly finish ahead of us.
At half time O'Driscoll made a comment about trying to keep Italy to zero points so it would have been nice for Italy to go on to get 4 tries. They might be poor at the moment but at least they're trying to score tries when they can.
Fair point but if Scotland get beat by this garbage we should just pack it in.