Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think Stade rested lots of players as the French sides traditionally do for that tournament. Edinburgh should hopefully be in the Champions Cup next season but for the first time in a few years they will be playing far stronger sides who will be competitive. It'll be an acid test for them.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
24 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:
Glasgow getting pumped. 29-7 and still not half time.

Put it off early. Glasgow pretty much going through the motions. Next week could be the same with Exeter still in with a shout of qualifying.

It could end up a cricket score. One way traffic.

Nice that the referee is pinging the hookers and scrum halfs for ripping the piss at the scrum feed. Can't remember ever seeing it before. 

It could end up a cricket score. One way traffic.
Nice that the referee is pinging the hookers and scrum halfs for ripping the piss at the scrum feed. Can't remember ever seeing it before. 
Aye, that was bizarre. Was wondering if the ref had been given a new set of laws to try out, nobody else seems to bother their arse.

Further update on the Super 6

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42675944

Seems 7 different groups have come forward and expressed and interest which is good.

Reading between the lines, all the clubs that have come forward have stated they still want to run an amateur club which will still be in the top level, and in some area's (at least one) a group of clubs have expressed an interest in having a pro club. Also good that it looks like all the academy scotland players are going to be involved and allocated a club, for too long our promising youngsters have been starved of decent game time - we are still seeing players emerging at 24/25, as they dont get the game time, when it should be 21/22.

Still sounds like they have no idea what the fixture list will look like, I had assumed they would have put them all forward for the B&I Cup, but sounds more likely that they are trying to organise something else, but I cant see any other clubs being that interested, unless its the European Trophy

I think Toony goes with what he knows.  Strauss was a great servant for the Warriors but never matched the form in a Scotland top imho.  Visser is great going forward but his tackling is still the fly in the ointment perhaps? 

Denton was the starting No.8 in a Scotland team that made the wooden spoon their own in the 6N.  Wilson and Barclay much better options.  Denton is just a squad player imo. 

Six Nations squad announced.  Townsend must really have a sore point for Josh Strauss and Tim Visser.   No surprises at all really.  A return for Dave Denton is one of the few somewhat unexpected moves.
DTp1fNJWkAAKOc2.jpg:large
I like Denton, on for a great ball carrier. Regards Visser he's good but massive competition in the backs; look at all the names and think back to when we had Parks, De Luca and Rollo

I like Denton, on for a great ball carrier. Regards Visser he's good but massive competition in the backs; look at all the names and think back to when we had Parks, De Luca and Rollo

Right. The number of centres they have is unreal. Long gone is the Rollo/Henderson dream pairing.

I feel a couple of players maybe caught lightening in a bottle in the Autumn, but there’s nobody in that squad you’d say is completely without merit. Okay, clearly Lawson is in because of injury, but other than that, it’s a deep squad, front row aside.

No huge complaints but really don't understand why Fowles is in there. We have 3 scrum halves, it'll wind up Hidalgo-Clyne and probably lead to him going down south and I don't rate him at all. Also I expected it as Townsend has clearly fallen out with Strauss but I'd definitely prefer him to Denton. And Scott Lawson!

23 hours ago, honestly united said:

Further update on the Super 6

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42675944

Seems 7 different groups have come forward and expressed and interest which is good.

Reading between the lines, all the clubs that have come forward have stated they still want to run an amateur club which will still be in the top level, and in some area's (at least one) a group of clubs have expressed an interest in having a pro club. Also good that it looks like all the academy scotland players are going to be involved and allocated a club, for too long our promising youngsters have been starved of decent game time - we are still seeing players emerging at 24/25, as they dont get the game time, when it should be 21/22.

Still sounds like they have no idea what the fixture list will look like, I had assumed they would have put them all forward for the B&I Cup, but sounds more likely that they are trying to organise something else, but I cant see any other clubs being that interested, unless its the European Trophy

There is not enough information flowing about this. Its the biggest shake up of Scottish rugby in years and doesn't seem like they have anything finalised

Six Nations squad announced.  Townsend must really have a sore point for Josh Strauss and Tim Visser.   No surprises at all really.  A return for Dave Denton is one of the few somewhat unexpected moves.
DTp1fNJWkAAKOc2.jpg:large

Such a good squad compared to the very recent past. There's guys that are fit that can't make the 40 man squad that i would be happy with them as starters. A real blow having so many front row injuries. Don't get the 4th scrum half, he's not even the future with Horne coming through. Keeping Russel fit is massively important!

As long as the injuries don't get so bad that Lawson actually gets a game, that's fine. You could argue it's harsh on Strauss, Visser and Scott, but you could equally argue it'd be harsh on the players they'd replace and that's the depth we have now.