Rugby Union

kiwififer

I'm raging we've managed to avoid playing South Africa over the past two years whilst everyone else (including Italy!) has been filling their boots. We could have put 50 on them going by that showing against Wales.

Also, you see a lot of complaining about the quota system in SA rugby, which I've always assumed was code of "the black guys are all shite", but apart from Janties, who admittedly was quite bad when he came on, they didn't seem to be the problem to me watching that game anyway.

I've heard talk of an ENgland vs NZ game in the US next year as part of the build up to the league world cup in the US / building up some awareness for the game etc. There is also talk of a New York league team on a similar vein to the toronto wolfpack that are getting decent crowds at the moment.

Im just hoping that union hasn't missed out by not getting proper pro clubs up and running in the US and Canada

I see Nigel Owens was the referee for the Glasgow vs Cardiff game.  I thought that wasn't supposed to happen?

At the start of the season the Pro 14 made a statement about neutral refs in all games. That lasted until the 1st week when they had Irish refs in charge of games with Irish teams. The round of fixtures that have finished had one neutral ref