Rugby Union

kiwififer

10 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Stiffies / shite themselves, either or

Personally, I quite like watching the Haka. I don't get excited/shit myself about it...but I enjoy it. I get more irritated by those who spaff themselves into oblivion when a team responds to it (see Inverdale, John).

Must say that my favourite part of today, apart from the 53 points, was Simon Berghan's dummy tactic at Ali Price's try. Some knee slide there. Definitely not unplanned...

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Scotland were absolutely fantastic, I dont think I have ever seen such a win against one of the big teams.

With all the players missing as well its safe to say we have now arrived as one of the major nations again, after years of being also rans. Just a pity the world cup is not next year as we would be serious contenders.

Well that was pleasing. I was at the 9-8 game in 2009 when we shit-fested our way to victory courtesy of Matt Giteau’s missed conversion.  That was our first win over them for 26 years, and Barclay started that game too.  What a contrast to today.

Wonder if Taylor will come back in and him and Jones might play left and right centre? I remember going to my first Scotland games in 1984 (lucky b*stard) and the programme always talked about left and right rather than inside and outside.

Anyway, happy days - lots of new faces who can step up. Kudos to McInally in particular. Thought his throwing was his Achilles heel but it has been almost perfect, and his loose play is brilliant.