Rugby Union

kiwififer

For me it's not self belief it is more not being used to playing at that standard every game / week. This was a huge improvement on the Samoa game and if we played like that we could beat anyone, and when you are constantly at that level you make the correct decisions and get the rub of the green.

I know people will say same old Scotland, gallant losers etc, the difference was, this wasn't the usual backs to the wall defensive effort this was bossing the game and NZ get some good scores against the run of play

For me it's not self belief it is more not being used to playing at that standard every game / week. This was a huge improvement on the Samoa game and if we played like that we could beat anyone, and when you are constantly at that level you make the correct decisions and get the rub of the green.

I know people will say same old Scotland, gallant losers etc, the difference was, this wasn't the usual backs to the wall defensive effort this was bossing the game and NZ get some good scores against the run of play

Agree with this. Hogg was phenomenal but if he had been in that situation few times more he would probably have gone to ground and recycled

Delighted with the performance over the All Blacks.  On another day then you never know what may have happened.  If we can get that overdue home win vs Oz (never beaten them at Murrayfield since 2009) then we can really say that this year has been a success (maybe barring Fiji in the summer).

Disappointed to lose Finn but I think it was expected.  I honestly think someone will need to come in next season to compete with Adam Hastings and allow Pete Horne to stick to centre.  Hopefully Dave Rennie will have a nice blether with Aaron Cruden over the 2 Montpellier games.

The Pro14 starts up again this weekend.  Ospreys v Warriors isn't on the TV so I'm very tempted to fly to Cardiff via Amsterdam then train it to Swansea.  Or, I may fly to Bristol and train it from there. 

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

Delighted with the performance over the All Blacks.  On another day then you never know what may have happened.  If we can get that overdue home win vs Oz (never beaten them at Murrayfield since 2009) then we can really say that this year has been a success (maybe barring Fiji in the summer).

Disappointed to lose Finn but I think it was expected.  I honestly think someone will need to come in next season to compete with Adam Hastings and allow Pete Horne to stick to centre.  Hopefully Dave Rennie will have a nice blether with Aaron Cruden over the 2 Montpellier games.

The Pro14 starts up again this weekend.  Ospreys v Warriors isn't on the TV so I'm very tempted to fly to Cardiff via Amsterdam then train it to Swansea.  Or, I may fly to Bristol and train it from there. 

Bristol is usually dead easy but they are doing a lot of engineering works at weekends here at the moment around Bristol Parkway so it may include a bit of bussing! may not affect you but just letting you know.

For Glasgow I'm surprised that Thompson hasn't had more game time this season as I thought he looked good while on loan last year at least on a par with what I've seen of Hastings this year.

On a Scotland front I've been very impressed with Marco so far. Had never seen him play prior to Samoa game but has been really solid.

Also feel a bit sorry for Turner. As a rugby player he is very good, he is just nowhere near being ready to play hooker at international level

Glasgow have signed winger Max McFarland on a partnership contract with Scotland 7s for the rest of the season, it is reported that Bristol have offered Jonny Grey a contract. 

Edinburgh have  signed fly-half Simon Hickey (former NZ U20 captain) from Bordeaux and he will join at the end of the season. Tight-head prop Elliot Millar-Mills has also been signed by Edinburgh from Yorkshire Carnegie as injury cover for the rest of the season.

20 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Glasgow have signed winger Max McFarland on a partnership contract with Scotland 7s for the rest of the season, it is reported that Bristol have offered Jonny Grey a contract. 

Edinburgh have  signed fly-half Simon Hickey (former NZ U20 captain) from Bordeaux and he will join at the end of the season. Tight-head prop Elliot Millar-Mills has also been signed by Edinburgh from Yorkshire Carnegie as injury cover for the rest of the season.

Elliot Millar-Mills will end up in the Scotland team in about twenty minutes at this rate.

27 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Feel sorry for Lee Jones dropping out the squad completely, thought he had a good game vs NZ. 

Berghan, Gilchrist and Wilson coming in for Fagerson, Toolis and Du Preez is much of a muchness, although Toolis and Du Preez can probably feel abit more agreeved

The bench is certainly a lot less lightweight.  

Wouldn't be surprised to see Maitland and Seymour switch wings from that starting XV, not that it matters much.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Feel sorry for Lee Jones dropping out the squad completely, thought he had a good game vs NZ. 

Berghan, Gilchrist and Wilson coming in for Fagerson, Toolis and Du Preez is much of a muchness, although Toolis and Du Preez can probably feel abit more agreeved

See to be fair, there isn't really much difference for forwards whether you start or are in the bench these days I reckon. I wonder if these guys even get upset about not starting anymore?

Shite for Jones though. I thought he'd been excellent. Not sure why McGuigan gets the bench ahead of him unless he's injured.

6 hours ago, GAD said:

See to be fair, there isn't really much difference for forwards whether you start or are in the bench these days I reckon. I wonder if these guys even get upset about not starting anymore?

Shite for Jones though. I thought he'd been excellent. Not sure why McGuigan gets the bench ahead of him unless he's injured.

Wilson for Du Preez will be to give us more competition against Hooper at the breakdown. Agree on Toolis v Gilchrist, though Gilchrist was pretty good when he came on against NZ.

Tough call on Jones, but he is pretty much only a winger, whereas McGuigan can cover centre, wing and full back.

20 hours ago, GAD said:

Yeah if you are on the bench your pretty much guaranteed half an hour at least, although with the amount of injuries Scotland players get there's a good chance of being on in the first half

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:26, Jeek said:

Bristol is usually dead easy but they are doing a lot of engineering works at weekends here at the moment around Bristol Parkway so it may include a bit of bussing! may not affect you but just letting you know.

Yeah so that's me booked up.  Just over £200 sees me get return flights Edinburgh to Bristol, return shuttle bus from airport and Temple Meads, return train from Temple Meads to Swansea and a match ticket. 

If all goes to plan train gets in at 12:45pm so a taxi to the ground for kick off :)