Rugby Union

kiwififer

So Gatland has confirmed that the career threatening injury that stopped their prop coming back on was cramp. Cheating b*****ds.

I was at the principality albeit at the wrong end of the pitch for most of the game. Wales were shocking. Second string or not they should be beating Georgia more comfortably. Unless they have full strength on the pitch they are a gang.

That "uncontested" scrum debacle was a joke. Took about 10 minutes of them wasting time and fretting what to do. It was wrong because they robbed Georgia of their advantage. But nothing will go any further it will be forgotten about and Georgia will have to wait longer to prove themselves worthy of the top table.

Unlucky for Scotland what a great game of rugby. Should of been a third yellow in that game but I will settle for running them close. Looking forward to oz next week

Was at that yesterday as a guest of somebody.  I will readily admit I’m not a rugby man and my knowledge of the game is awful...

...but by god that was some finish.  Intensely frustrating at times but the last try and then the break by Hogg was just immense.  I know it’s a bit of a cliche now but Murrayfield really is the best stadium for any sport in the country and really deserves to be used more.  The atmosphere was incredible.

As for Doddie Weir’s entrance, wow.  I hope his family stay strong.

26 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Heading to the Australia game on Saturday.  Where is the best place to park for Murrayfield? 

There's the park and ride near Heriot-Watt with buses running pretty regular, probably the easiest way and should beat most of the traffic

Heading to the Australia game on Saturday.  Where is the best place to park for Murrayfield? 

We usually turn right at the traffic lights just past the zoo entrance and can get parked no bother, 5-10 min walk to the stadium and at the end you're back on the road through Corstorphine pretty quick as well.

We usually turn right at the traffic lights just past the zoo entrance and can get parked no bother, 5-10 min walk to the stadium and at the end you're back on the road through Corstorphine pretty quick as well.

Good idea

To be more specific that’s “Balgreen Road”

If you end up parking near the bottom of Balgreen Road you should be able to cut through by Baird Drive as opposed to going back up to the top

Gutted to hear about Russell's departure, but it's been expected. We could really do with another good stand off coming through from a Scottish point of view as he is going to get flogged over there.

Hopefully this also hints at a change in style from Racing. Russell would be wasted in a shitfest team.

A 45-12 win over the Czech Republic for Portugal keeps there world cup chances alive. and will have a play off game next year against the runners up in Rugby European championship to get a two legged game v Samoa in June(winner gets a place in Pool A loser enters the repechage tournament)

*Notices Jeremy Guscott’s column on BBC website*
*Don’t read, don’t read, don’t read*
*Reads article*
*Don’t get annoyed, don’t get annoyed, don’t get annoyed*
*Arrggghh*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42043465

Apparently, Scotland didn’t beat New Zealand due to a lack of self-belief. No mention of tactics or even that Scotland were actually a bit wasteful, making too many errors in good positions. Even teams who have beaten the All Blacks often don’t end up with stats like ours on Saturday – with possession, territory, passes and runs all favouring Scotland.

In fact, in 7 paragraphs Guscott doesn’t mention a single player by name from either side. I don’t think it would be unreasonable to assume he only watched the highlights of the game.

Contrasting that with the England game, where he mentions 8 different players (7 English, 1 Australian) in fewer words. If they just game him a column on the England game, like Tom English’s on Scotland, I wouldn’t mind so much.

In saying that, the comment that annoyed me the most was “England were very worthy of their big victory”. I don’t question they deserved to win but in a game where every single bounce or borderline decision seemed to go their way even the English commentators during the game said the scoreline was harsh on Australia and didn’t really represent the match.

Anyway, next time I’ll listen to myself (I won’t) and not read it.

Watched the game again after seeing it in the pub on Saturday. An enormous effort put in and we very nearly beat them at the end. Hogg was just brilliant, what a fucking player. I'd agree that we were wasteful in their 22 but to run them so close (with a seriously depleted pack) was more than I could've asked for before the game. The Barrett try was as good as it gets and there's not much you can do about that.

Looking forward to next week. Australia are definitely much improved since June but still seem a bit erratic and it should be a good game. I wouldn't call it either way but hopeful we can do it. When did we last beat one of the big 3 southern hemisphere teams twice in a row?

As for Finn leaving, it's obviously disappointing and he'll be a big loss. He deserves a chance to go and make some serious money and we'll still get to see his cheeky smile in a Scotland shirt. Hopefully Hastings steps up quickly, otherwise someone else will probably need brought in.