Rugby Union

kiwififer

15 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Cheers. Do you have the French equivalent?

FRANCE: Spedding - Lacroix, Chavancy, Danty, Bonneval - (o) Trinh-Duc, (m) Lesgourgues - Tauleigne, Macalou, Lauret - Maestri, Taofifenua - Hamadache, Cat, Priso 
Replacements: Tolofua, Boughanmi, Pointud, Devedec, Sanconnie, Machenaud, Plisson, Rattez

It seems to me that a much better bet for Ireland would have been to included Scotland + Wales, but with the Final and the majority of matches being in Ireland... As it was they were having to put up 3 venues in Dublin, 2 venues in Belfast, plus grounds in pretty small places like Killarney (population 14,000), Castlebar (10,000) and Kilkenny (24,000).

Had they gone for 2x Dublin, 2x Belfast, Limerick, Cork, Galway, Londonderry, Cardiff, Swansea, Edinburgh, Glasgow (Aberdeen, Dundee or Newport possible options too), it would've looked a lot more viable, arguably.

Ooft need to start saving now!!
Awaiting the seethe from SA after being ranked first

They are calling for the independent report to be binding in the future. The Irish are not happy with the SRU(who voted for the French) and the WRU (who voted for the South Africans).

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

It seems to me that a much better bet for Ireland would have been to included Scotland + Wales, but with the Final and the majority of matches being in Ireland

44 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Irish are not happy with the SRU(who voted for the French) and the WRU (who voted for the South Africans).

Et voila...

The independent report needs to be sensible the though, the French were marked down for having drugs tests as it would be bad if players get caught and also having officials from the T2 nations at matches

I know one of the things the Irish weren't happy about was being marked down for not being "stadium ready", even though the tourney is 6 years away and plenty of other successful bids have been in a similar situation when the venue was picked.

Think one problem with the Irish bid isn't so much the provincial venues, but whether these places can provide the back up infrastructure like hotel space.

I know one of the things the Irish weren't happy about was being marked down for not being "stadium ready", even though the tourney is 6 years away and plenty of other successful bids have been in a similar situation when the venue was picked.

Think one problem with the Irish bid isn't so much the provincial venues, but whether these places can provide the back up infrastructure like hotel space.

We left it late but couldn't get a room on Belfast for the Pro12 final so think they'd struggle with the crowds a World Cup would attract.

France got marked down on hotel accommodation for one of the city's, even though France is the most visited country in the world

The seething Irish union were furious at the SRU and WRU for not voting for them as we voted for France instead with Wales giving SA their vote.  Absolutely hilarious to watch them throwing their toys about their cot.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the French have offered us a home game vs a Tier 2 nation in exchange for a vote. 

Edited by come on shire

Ireland in tantrum shock.

We've had years of disrespect from them with examples such as bleating about imaginary unfair targeting of their players, O'Gara's pre-match comments this year and Murray's antics at the World Cup draw, yet we're supposed to vote for them over a better bid on the basis of some imaginary Celtic solidarity? We owe them nothing, get it right up them.

13 hours ago, ddfg said:

We left it late but couldn't get a room on Belfast for the Pro12 final so think they'd struggle with the crowds a World Cup would attract.

There was a big golf tournament on and some other special event that weekend, both organised well in advance, that's why accommodation was so scarce.   Plenty of it, just all booked well in advance.

2 hours ago, come on shire said:

The seething Irish union were furious at the SRU and WRU for not voting for them as we voted for France instead with Wales giving SA their vote.  Absolutely hilarious to watch them throwing their toys about their cot.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the French have offered us a home game vs a Tier 2 nation in exchange for a vote. 

If they could promise us an easy group, that'd be even better, thanks.

I think this should become a poll:

Given the choice, would you rather spend a summer watching rugby and scoffing your face in:

A. France

B. Ireland

Scotland team vs All Blacks

Scotland: Stuart Hogg; Tommy Seymour, Huw Jones, Alex Dunbar, Lee Jones; Finn Russell, Ali Price; Darryl Marfo, Stuart McInally, Zander Fagerson, Ben Toolis, Jonny Gray, John Barclay (captain), Hamish Watson, Cornell du Preez.

Replacements: George Turner, Jamie Bhatti, Simon Berghan, Grant Gilchrist, Luke Hamilton, Henry Pyrgos, Pete Horne, Byron McGuigan.

Pretty much as expected, although first caps likely off  the bench for Hamilton and McGuigan. Off those that came on last week du Preez was the stand out for me, and the starting 15 looks good, the bench not so much.

Had forgotten until that NZ had beaten Samoa 78-0 this summer until reading a preview earlier today.