Rugby Union

kiwififer

Unless it's Laidlaw's velvety Leveinesque tones, I tend to stop watching.

We won. Samoa always give us a good game. I always enjoy when we play teams like Samoa and Fiji because they're physical. Satisfying game overall.

Samoa ought to be allowed to join a Southern Hemisphere 6 Nations.

13 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Seedings reflect fixtures. They have guys playing top tier in France England pro 14 n super rugby. They're absolutely not a gang. We rarely beat them by more than a few points and today we were missing Maitland visser Strauss Dickinson Ritchie gray gordy Reid Taylor Ford brown Bennett n lost nel to injury. There's plenty of room for improvement but there's no need to over exaggerate our deficiencies.

Not sure what your point is about fixtures. In the last year they have played 4 tier 1 nations. Us, Wales , France and NZ and lost them all.

They have also lost to Tonga, Fiji and Georgia.

I don't know why you are trying to argue, it's absolutely indisputable that this is the one of the worst periods in Samoan rugby and they are at their lowest world ranking for decades.

Half the guys in your list wouldn't be in a starting XV.

If you are happy with that performance then fair enough but Scotland likely won't play a team that poor again until the world cup.

Not sure what your point is about fixtures. In the last year they have played 4 tier 1 nations. Us, Wales , France and NZ and lost them all.
I don't know why you are trying to argue, it's absolutely indisputable that this is the one of the worst periods in Samoan rugby and they are at their lowest world ranking for decades.
If you are happy with that performance then fair enough but Scotland likely won't play a team that poor again until the world cup.

Ach, you can prove anything with facts!

Mind you even if they weren't in your starting XV you'd probably feel better about those guys coming on late in the game than the untried debutants that were thrown on en masse when the game was 32-17

After that Samoa won the last 20 minutes 21-12

I actually agree with you for the most part.

However, Samoa always give us a good game. There is always that one team that causes you problems. For Dundee United, I believe that's Dumbarton for example?

What I do fully agree with is that given our position after 50 mins, Samoa shouldn't have been as close as they were.

It would be easy to blame the officials given that their second try shouldn't have counted and their fifth try came from a forward pass - which Glasgow have benefitted from a few times this season so it would be hypocritical of me to moan about that. The simple fact is that Samoa changed their game at half time. We got caught out by it and they benefitted. We got arrogant/complacent. I also think that as soon as the Edinburgh front row went off, we struggled a lot more. Had we ended up losing today, we would have had no-one to blame but ourselves.

I'm just relieved that we came out with the win although as Paterson said after full time, if we play like we did in the second half today, we'll get a shagging against New Zealand.