Rugby Union

kiwififer

What happened the the young Scottish lad, second row I think, who was at Toulon a few seasons back?

A quick Google search brings up the name Andy Cramond. He spent the back end of last at Pau and was on trial with Gloucester during the summer

Edit

He is in the Pro D2 with Vannes

12 hours ago, dogmc said:

Duncan Taylor n peter Horne are decent goalkickers and at a push pyrgos can kick too. The point about Laidlaw being a cool head is adequate but equally one of the reasons we were struggling against Samoa was that his distribution was so slow. If we pick Laidlaw there's no real point in picking Russell for me. Laidlaw works best with a Duncan weir kicking ten. Russell needs quick accurate ball which just isn't what Laidlaw was about even at his peak. Pyrgos is probably ahead of shc n Sean Kennedy but we defo dont price being injured! George Horne has been looking very good for Glasgow hawks, n Hastings has played for Currie I think n look decent. Got to trust that these guys are being developed correctly. The lad shiels who was the nine in last u20 rwc also looks a player. Two years out from rwc we should really be thinking about that tourney rather than holding onto past. Its been a failing from early pro years of keeping players past their sell by date. Look how badly the Welsh did in 6n by not utilising their younger options. Laidlaw has been a fine servant but its time to move on n let him get as much time playing highest level of club rugby he can.

The reason we were struggling against Samoa was because we couldn't catch a kick off and everytime Samoa got the ball they scored. Laidlaw was right to slow it down as we needed to keep the ball out of Samoa's hands.

Didn't watch much of the Lions as it was a farce of a tour, just caught up as i heard someone from NZ mention it in terms of Laidlaw's injured / Scotland need a 9 / they will probably see who they can get from NZ.

The commentators mentioned that he was born in Scotland. I then noticed that there scrum half was the most ginger person on the pitch and a quick look at there squad confirmed it was him

Wales have made changes to their selection criteria, and have binned completely the "Gatland rule" which allowed the coach to pick up to 4 players who were playing domestic rugby outside of Wales. The number was due to be cut to 2 in 2020, instead it's been done away with altogether and instead any players who now move out of the Welsh club sides will only be considered for international selection if they have more than 60 caps. Players already playing outside of Wales will be exempt from the new rule, but the first big name casualty will be Rhys Webb, who only has 28 caps and has already agreed to sign for Toulon next summer on a 3 year deal. I'll miss his torn face when Scotland beat them again.

The commentators mentioned that he was born in Scotland. I then noticed that there scrum half was the most ginger person on the pitch and a quick look at there squad confirmed it was him

Another 2 names being banded about are vellacot from Gloucester and Steele from London Irish, both dual qualified with England I believe. Not sure if either have played any age grade rugby or interested in playing for us.

Wales have made changes to their selection criteria, and have binned completely the "Gatland rule" which allowed the coach to pick up to 4 players who were playing domestic rugby outside of Wales. The number was due to be cut to 2 in 2020, instead it's been done away with altogether and instead any players who now move out of the Welsh club sides will only be considered for international selection if they have more than 60 caps. Players already playing outside of Wales will be exempt from the new rule, but the first big name casualty will be Rhys Webb, who only has 28 caps and has already agreed to sign for Toulon next summer on a 3 year deal. I'll miss his torn face when Scotland beat them again.

That's utter lunacy....they were stinking in 6n last season and now they want to reduce the pool of players to pick from??? On a tangent Niko is turning out for stirling county on Sat v Hawks. Niko trained at county last night then spent a good bit of time with the youth lads who were pretty hyper about him being there. Good to see that he's still box office (still don't get why no English side fancied him for this season). Also shows another flaw in the sru plan for the super six as pros won't be drafted in. The chance for grass roots players to interact with guys like niko George Horne Adam Hastings etc is impossible to quantify. Would be such a shame to lose that

Dogmc you're George Horne daft! I know he looks like he has potential but you seem to absolutely love him. Are you related?

In other news, good to see Hogg back in the Glasgow XV for tomorrow!

Ha nah just saw him coming through age grades n think he will be the real deal. Going back a few years ago our age grade sides were a joke....guys who had little competition getting to district n national selection then being outclassed technically n physically when suddenly up against other nations. Now there are more players fighting for the jerseys and the players are both much fitter but way more skillfull than previous generations. It's am odd feeling to be optimistic about Scottish rugby's future!
Is defo good to see Hogg back and in time for autumn internationals too.

That's some Leinster team mind you. We are going to get monstered in the scrum. Need to get the ball moving and not allow a shitfest.

Weird how things change. Few years back Leinster would be least side likely to be associated with a shitfest. Is a good point about front row. Think Glasgow can be confident everywhere else on park but it's definitely a concern.

Ridiculous rule. I get what the wru are trying to do in keeping all the Welsh talent in Wales it's better for the regions I suppose but as has been said your putting a limit or a block on players moving up. Within a few years it be changed or binned. I'm glad though hopefully it weakens the development of welsh rugby.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:35, Mark Connolly said:

The performance wasn’t great, but Glasgow performing poorly pushed the English Champions to the limit away from home. In the past, our poor performances have seen a hiding, and we’re now actually coming away from a ground like that raging that we haven’t won.

You are being over-critical, and the pish about “owing the fans” is ridiculous. 

It’s so typically Scottish to lay into the players, while the opposition fans are relieved that they won and shiting themselves about the return fixture.

I can see where you're coming from maybe I was a bit harsh in hindsight but you must hit the ground running in the European pool stages.  I thought we really needed to leave with something but hopefully we can make amends tomorrow.

Moving on, Fraser Brown is going to miss the autumn tests through injury according to BBC Sport.  However, the same article says that it's better news regarding John Barclay.  He proved an excellent leader in the summer. 

Brian Alainu'uese is going to miss the next 8 weeks with Glasgow through injury sadly and the Warriors won't have Niko through autumn as he's in the Fiji squad.

Also, the Scottish Rugby official website says that John Hardie has been withdrawn from Scotland and Edinburgh duties due to an internal investigation that appears to be under wraps atm.

I can see where you're coming from maybe I was a bit harsh in hindsight but you must hit the ground running in the European pool stages.  I thought we really needed to leave with something but hopefully we can make amends tomorrow.
Moving on, Fraser Brown is going to miss the autumn tests through injury according to BBC Sport.  However, the same article says that it's better news regarding John Barclay.  He proved an excellent leader in the summer. 
Brian Alainu'uese is going to miss the next 8 weeks with Glasgow through injury sadly and the Warriors won't have Niko through autumn as he's in the Fiji squad.
Also, the Scottish Rugby official website says that John Hardie has been withdrawn from Scotland and Edinburgh duties due to an internal investigation that appears to be under wraps atm.

Wonder if that relates to the Bradbury suspension.