Rugby Union

kiwififer

Slightly (majorly) hungover after that. Disappointing result, but general consensus among the Exeter fans I spoke to was that they were pretty relieved to get the win, and are shitting themselves about having to come to Scotstoun.

Brown going off was key, even that early- Turner was good in the loose, but murder in the scrum. First 2 with Brown in there showed that Bhatti may not be the problem in there! Too many errors, especially in their 22, but that close to the English champions away from home shows we are a real threat to anyone here. 

Reckon whoever wins our group will be bottom seed of the 1st place teams- away points will be crucial.

Do the refs get a pro Munster rule book pre match? Clear slap of the ball out of the scrum halves hands at a ruck called a 'knock on' after re watching it on the big screen. Even Quinlan called it cynical, and he knows a thing or two about cynically killing the ball.

Do the refs get a pro Munster rule book pre match? Clear slap of the ball out of the scrum halves hands at a ruck called a 'knock on' after re watching it on the big screen. Even Quinlan called it cynical, and he knows a thing or two about cynically killing the ball.

It is the anniversary of Foley's death so they will be treated even more lenliently (like last season)

Magnus Bradbury has been suspended by Edinburgh after he injured him self(reason he missed Saturdays game) on a night out 

Perhaps the people saying it was very early to be throwing him the captaincy had a point?? Guys like toolis Watson tovey Hardie due preez etc could have done job n let Bradbury develop at his own pace.

Only saw the extended highlights on BT Sport of the Glasgow game so maybe missed some important points, but in general, the plus points were the forwards, and specifically the scrum seemed to hold up quite well against Exeter. Having seen them destroy some of the packs of the top english teams I was expecting a hammering up front, but we coped well. The negatives were our game management, we kicked too much in the attacking half (granted our 2 tries came from kicks) and a lot of the kicks were poor, when we could have done with holding on to the ball for a but, but conversely we didn't kick enough when we  were in our own 22, far too often trying to run it out.

I know thats what to expect with a player like Russell but someone should be having a word with him during the game, as there is a time and a place for it.

What's the best way to get 2 tickets for ABs in November? When will they be on general sale?

Pretty sure there is an email waiting list that you can sign up to via SRU website which will give you first chance at any returns.

That was a long train trip home from Exeter on Sunday.  Still feeling disappointed about the performance.  I hate to be critical of my team but they really let the fans down on Saturday night with that display.  We didn't do enough with the ball and take our chances then at the end Niko decides to take the ball into touch in a dangerous area and we end up without even a losing BP.

Dave Rennie came away with his positive attitude and putting things right next week jargon.  Talking's ok in boxing but not in rugby.  They owe the fans a lot when Leinster visit on Saturday. If we lose that then we can forget it.

I don't mean to sound over-critical but I feel that it has to be said.

11 minutes ago, come on shire said:

That was a long train trip home from Exeter on Sunday.  Still feeling disappointed about the performance.  I hate to be critical of my team but they really let the fans down on Saturday night with that display.  We didn't do enough with the ball and take our chances then at the end Niko decides to take the ball into touch in a dangerous area and we end up without even a losing BP.

Dave Rennie came away with his positive attitude and putting things right next week jargon.  Talking's ok in boxing but not in rugby.  They owe the fans a lot when Leinster visit on Saturday. If we lose that then we can forget it.

This is everything that holds back Scotland in sport. Unbeaten until the Exeter game but you use the quote "They owe the fans a lot" surely the way they've started the season IS giving the fans a lot

This is everything that holds back Scotland in sport. Unbeaten until the Exeter game but you use the quote "They owe the fans a lot" surely the way they've started the season IS giving the fans a lot

It is, but Glasgow and Scotland will always be dismissed by pundits, former players/players of other nations until they start winning European cups and Six nations. We all bemoan the wax lyrical of Munster, Leinster, Ireland and Wales but recent years have seen them being there, doing it and wearing the t shirt. Glasgow and Scotland need to take this step.

All 3 Autumn tests once again on the BBC (Australia and Samoa on BBC1, New Zealand on BBC2) but interestingly they are also being shown live simulcast on BT Sport. Wonder why they're doing that? Usually the BBC games are available UK wide and on the website so you can't imagine BT getting a bit audience.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

All 3 Autumn tests once again on the BBC (Australia and Samoa on BBC1, New Zealand on BBC2) but interestingly they are also being shown live simulcast on BT Sport. Wonder why they're doing that? Usually the BBC games are available UK wide and on the website so you can't imagine BT getting a bit audience.

They did this with the BDO world championships aswell iirc before taking them on fully so possibly just another stepping stone like the darts.

They did this with the BDO world championships aswell iirc before taking them on fully so possibly just another stepping stone like the darts.

Didn't they do different sessions? BT the afternoons and the BBC the evening or vice versa? I don't mind the BT rugby coverage but not sure if it'll be as good for Scotland games as the BBC has been over the years.

9 hours ago, come on shire said:

The performance wasn’t great, but Glasgow performing poorly pushed the English Champions to the limit away from home. In the past, our poor performances have seen a hiding, and we’re now actually coming away from a ground like that raging that we haven’t won.

You are being over-critical, and the pish about “owing the fans” is ridiculous. 

It’s so typically Scottish to lay into the players, while the opposition fans are relieved that they won and shiting themselves about the return fixture.