Rugby Union

kiwififer

McCallum seems to have fallen right out picture at Edinburgh, pretty sure he's only made one sub appearance this season.

He was eventually called into Scotland training camp but yeah he seems to have been playing mostly for heriots. Surprising as hes a very decent scrummager n can play both sides which is increasingly rare. I rate him highly though i fear there are some within sru who think props n hookers are supposed to be extra flankers n forget just how important scrums are. Dell is another guy who has picked up a lot of caps by being good in loose. Hes pretty poor in the scrum though. Guys like jon welsh n gordy reid are massively undervalued imo.

Will Greenwood and his chums were previewing the European games before Pau v Gloucester last night.  They sung the praises of the Chiefs and Leinster but only a one sentence quip about Glasgow being possible dark horses and that was it...

Booked up for Exeter.  Must be the most infuriating place for a match.  The ground is right beside the M5 motorway which in turn is a good 3 miles outside the city centre.  Loads of events this weekend with an Oktoberfest event, a half marathon and a classical music festival.  Can't be bothered with the rigmarole of a hotel in the city so using motorway services accommodation near the ground. 

Massive but very hard game.  Whilst being very disappointing, a losing BP may not be the worst thing in the world to start with.  However, we have to believe that the game's winnable.  Thomas "the tank engine" Waldrom is out injured as is Jack Nowell.  Their big 2nd row Geoff Parling is off to the Melbourne Rebels to boot.  So if we play well then we have a chance imho.

If you are in the Travelodge and are feeling brave (to take on the traffic!), there's a village called Clyst St. Mary a few hundred yards away on the other side of the M5. Nice pub there.

41 minutes ago, GAD said:

Who is everyone supporting tonight? I think I can bring myself to support Ulster, depending on how annoying this commentator gets...

The sound on the Virgin website is about 15 seconds ahead of the picture, which is a million times more annoying than any of the content. It's unwatchable. I've been reduced to watching St Johnstone v Sevco. Now that's annoying commentary.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Probably best result. 4 0 victory for home side. Both these teams are poor

Yeah, it was a rotten game. Scoreline heavily flattered Wasps I thought. Ulster should have won by 20 odd, easy.