Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think thats about as strong a Glasgow team as we can put out given the injuries, which is about a full team of players out at the moment

Would have started Alex Allen but overall its a cracking back line m backrow n great to have gray back. Would still fancy cheetahs due to climate m altitude. Not many sides will get anything there. Even a losing bp would be a decent return....

4 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Would have started Alex Allen but overall its a cracking back line m backrow n great to have gray back. Would still fancy cheetahs due to climate m altitude. Not many sides will get anything there. Even a losing bp would be a decent return....

Agree regarding the losing BP, Cheetahs look quite strong and the altitude makes things even harder. 

Good news, but I'm just as pleased, if not more, that Fraser Brown is back.

Tend to agree with that, I think the upgrade in quality will be greater with Brown than Gray as Scott Cummimg has had a great start to the season.

Tend to agree with that, I think the upgrade in quality will be greater with Brown than Gray as Scott Cummimg has had a great start to the season.

Yep whilst turner has been excellent in the loose his throwing has been poor. Brown should improve the lineouts.

Personally I'm delighted with the squad.  Strongest available barring Dunbar and Hogg.  Jamie Bhatti was a concern for me at scrum time though there is improvement.  Just for the type of game it is I'd have Alex Allan starting instead but that apart I'm delighted with the team.

As mush as these 2 SA sides struggled in Super Rugby, it'll nevertheless be a very tricky game tonight so we'll need to be firing on all cylinders.  However, I'm not as scared of Bloemfontein as other fans seem to be.  The only real eye opener was Leinster's defeat out there.  Cheetahs were always in with a shout of beating Zebre and the Ospreys are in a right mess.

Dave Rennie has experience of playing this side away from home which gives us a great advantage.  Also, the team have been based and doing altitude training at the Lions ground in Johannesburg who play at the highest altitude in SA Super Rugby.  The players travel to Bloemfontein today.  That gives us another wee advantage ;)

Personally I'm delighted with the squad.  Strongest available barring Dunbar and Hogg.  Jamie Bhatti was a concern for me at scrum time though there is improvement.  Just for the type of game it is I'd have Alex Allan starting instead but that apart I'm delighted with the team.
As mush as these 2 SA sides struggled in Super Rugby, it'll nevertheless be a very tricky game tonight so we'll need to be firing on all cylinders.  However, I'm not as scared of Bloemfontein as other fans seem to be.  The only real eye opener was Leinster's defeat out there.  Cheetahs were always in with a shout of beating Zebre and the Ospreys are in a right mess.
Dave Rennie has experience of playing this side away from home which gives us a great advantage.  Also, the team have been based and doing altitude training at the Lions ground in Johannesburg who play at the highest altitude in SA Super Rugby.  The players travel to Bloemfontein today.  That gives us another wee advantage [emoji6]

Hadn't even considered Rennie knowing them but that's a great shout. Still think the altitude makes Glasgow second favs so I'd be delighted with a win.

On 10/3/2017 at 07:00, ajwffc said:

Refs for some of the  Euro fixtures have been announced 

Exeter v Glasgow 14th October Alexandre Ruiz (FFR)

Glasgow v Leinster 21st October Jérôme Garcès (FFR)

London Irish v Edinburgh 14th October Ian Davis (WRU)

Krasny Yar v Edinburgh 21st October Thomas Charabas (FFR)

Mike Adamson has the Bath v Benetton match in the Championship Cup n the 14th of October and Lyon v Sale in the Challenge cup on the 20th 

Oh, bloody hell!