Rugby Union

kiwififer

The late hit on kinghorn for try was much worse than Ritchie's..... One was a yellow for embra other was a try....shocker from ref. In other news Finn n dell now following O'Brien in starting to be honest about how dysfunctional the lions coaching unit were

6 minutes ago, dogmc said:

The late hit on kinghorn for try was much worse than Ritchie's..... One was a yellow for embra other was a try....shocker from ref. In other news Finn n dell now following O'Brien in starting to be honest about how dysfunctional the lions coaching unit were

What / where is this?

Glad it wasn't just me and my dad who were seething at the ref. How poor were Leinster btw? Edinburgh were solid defensively but lacking in any real threat until Kinghorn came on. Sounds like Glasgow were off the pace but would've taken a bonus point win beforehand no matter how many tries they conceded.

Thought the ref was ok for a while then he just seemed to go to shit. I don't know what was worse - not sending Sexton to the bin or Sexton himself looking around as if to say "what was that for?". Also surprised (well, not really) that they didn't ask to have a look at the late hit on Kinghorn. OK he was really under pressure anyway and it was a horrible kick, but it was still as late as the one he gave up the other end. A shame that they didn't get the chance of a losing bonus point but still pleasing Leinster didn't get the 4 try bonus.

Also surprised (well, not really) that they didn't ask to have a look at the late hit on Kinghorn. OK he was really under pressure anyway and it was a horrible kick, but it was still as late as the one he gave up the other end. A shame that they didn't get the chance of a losing bonus point but still pleasing Leinster didn't get the 4 try bonus.

He did (when looking for something else) and decided that there was nothing wrong with a late tackle from a Leinster player

I thought he was just concentrating on the challenge on Harley? Anyway, standard refereeing apart Edinburgh were OK but need to take their chances, and were great in defence. Glasgow won't have been worried by Leinster.

That was he was looking at but decided the late tackle was fine during one of the replays

Are the referees in the pro 14 and other leagues marked for correct decisions or incorrect decisions based on TV replays throughout the year. Are they ranked based upon their number of games to correct decisions?

Honestly no idea how referee assessments work but for several seasons the standards in pro 12/14 have been flagged up as a concern by not just grumpy feckers on here but various pundits (peter wright is especially vocal). The contrast when watching English or other international refs is striking. Sa fans have been pretty vocal on social media too after their sides joining up.

Went to the game last night. What really pleased me was we won without playing well. Having said that the wet pitch and the weather wouldn't have helped matters. 

It's the mark of a good team when you can win when having an off night. The pack worked hard but Horne was deservedly MOTM. Nick Grigg had a rare off night. 

What pleased me the most was how the guys chased a lost cause to get that winning BP. Could be helpful if it goes to the wire between ourselves and Munster. However the Cheetahs may also be in the mix.

I don't know if Treviso's purple patch will last but they've always been the better Italian side and worked hard last night. 

Edited by come on shire