Rugby Union

kiwififer

Looking forward to heading to Scotstoun tonight.  My only concern is our front row aren't used to working together and Treviso's forward pack make up the lion's share of the Italy forward pack.  Therefore they will bring a good scrum tonight on the back of 2 wins on the bounce.  However, we have Cummings in there who's on his game and we also have Harley and Wilson who'll bring their experience.  I'd say that Treviso aren't quite as pacy as Zebre so I'd have preferred Price or Matawalu to start at 9 to bring in more quick ball. 

Major banana skin so we need to turn up with our A game. 

Edited by come on shire

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

Looking forward to heading to Scotstoun tonight.  My only concern is our front row aren't used to working together and Treviso's forward pack make up the lion's share of the Italy forward pack.  Therefore they will bring a good scrum tonight on the back of 2 wins on the bounce.  However, we have Cummings in there who's on his game and we also have Harley and Wilson who'll bring their experience.  I'd say that Treviso aren't quite as pacy as Zebre so I'd have preferred Price or Matawalu to start at 9 to bring in more quick ball. 

Major banana skin so we need to turn up with our A game. 

I'm going tonight as well, first game of the season for me. I'm worried about the forwards match up as well. I think they are quite strong, so, as always, we need to try and avoid being dragged into a shitfest.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

So far Matawalu has been used as an outside back replacement. I'd be surprised if Rennie sees him as a regular contender for 9 if Price, Pyrgos and Horne are all fit.

Rennie sees him as fullback cover as well as wing which I am not entirely sure about. 

Glasgow should be strong enough for the bonus point win but like shire said they need to bring a game to put the game beyond the Italians early. Glasgow haven't lost to Italian opposition for at least 3 seasons home or away and can't see that changing tonight.

Edinburgh I simply can't see beating Leinster. Blair kinghorn on the bench doesn't make sense to me since he been most potent attacking threat this season. I hope they do well but can't see it

I think in Marty Banks Bennetton have a classy ten. He changed the game for the Highlanders against the Lions when he came on for All Black second choice Lima Sopoaga and generally impressed whenever I saw him last season. Still think Glasgow will be comfortable with a weakened team out but would definitely be looking to secure the win before going full out for the bonus point.

Glasgow should be strong enough for the bonus point win but like shire said they need to bring a game to put the game beyond the Italians early. Glasgow haven't lost to Italian opposition for at least 3 seasons home or away and can't see that changing tonight.

Edinburgh I simply can't see beating Leinster. Blair kinghorn on the bench doesn't make sense to me since he been most potent attacking threat this season. I hope they do well but can't see it

Kinghorn played a lot at end of last season the u20 rwc n every game so far. Is due a break n Bryce is underrated for me.

Actually think the ref handled both incidents well. Had that been a Clancey or something Fife would be in the bin for the first one and then he'd put the Edinburgh forward in the bin for instigating things after. Edinburgh look decent enough until things fall apart. It's very Scotland under Williams.

Actually think the ref handled both incidents well. Had that been a Clancey or something Fife would be in the bin for the first one and then he'd put the Edinburgh forward in the bin for instigating things after. Edinburgh look decent enough until things fall apart. It's very Scotland under Williams.

I still don't understand the penalty for something outwith control though.