Rugby Union

kiwififer

So Zebre have just beaten the Kings 43-17 in SA. What sort of utter shite have we allowed into our league. Surely a 3rd pro Scottish team would be better than this.

Edinburgh lost to Treviso. When Scottish teams stop losing to Italian teams then we can look at 3rd pro team. Edinburgh need to be challenging for the playoffs regularly and then we can look at 3rd pro team. Despite wanting a third team

Edinburgh lost to Treviso. When Scottish teams stop losing to Italian teams then we can look at 3rd pro team. Edinburgh need to be challenging for the playoffs regularly and then we can look at 3rd pro team. Despite wanting a third team

They lost by 3 points to Treviso, Kings got hockeyed. Was thinking more of a development team ala Connacht initially

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

They lost by 3 points to Treviso, Kings got hockeyed. Was thinking more of a development team ala Connacht initially

Yes any SRU 3rd team would be a development side. But i personally dont think there is room for a third pro team in this league unless teams drop out (team 15 and team 16). I think we should put efforts into an exiles team in that indo pacific league next year. We still have to see how this six team part time pish  domestic league works next year.

Just watched highlights from Friday night, hopefully it's not stating the obvious but Gibbons has got to be the best bit of transfer business Glasgow have done for quite a few seasons, also been impressed with Jackson, nothing fancy but been really solid and another really good signing in the context of this season and last year's frailties during the internationals.

Finn Russell showing the latest in face wear 

DKkuLt6XcAA1YRU.jpg:large

Injury updates for Glasgow Alex Dunbar has had surgery on his knee and will be out for at least 6 weeks, Oli Kebble will be out for 10-12 weeks. Fraser Brown has returned to training 

Edited by ajwffc

On 9/22/2017 at 23:22, GAD said:

Saw a guy having a bit of a meltdown over Owens on the Pro 14 Facebook page. Apparently they always lose when he's the ref.

Lee Jones was good tonight. Where does everyone think he's sitting in regards to Scotland now? Behind Maitland, Seymour and probably Visser I'd guess, but I reckon he's above Hoyland now, and definitely ahead of Hughes.

Jones is a star. Completely underrated. If I was a Scotland selector I'd have him high up there. Different style from Maitland and Seymour.  He's good under the high ball, can defend and has pace to burn. 

On 9/23/2017 at 20:34, John Lambies Doos said:

So Zebre have just beaten the Kings 43-17 in SA. What sort of utter shite have we allowed into our league. Surely a 3rd pro Scottish team would be better than this.

Kings are struggling, but I think they can improve. Looking at Edinburgh we can't judge!

Hopefully Dunbar is back in time for the November internationals. When are Huw Jones and Bennett back from injury?

If all 3 are out Taylor and Grigg would be an interesting combination with Horne back up but after that we would be short on centres

As an aside, does anyone know when Thompson joins us from SA? He looked good while on loan last year, coming straight into the side and fitting in well, also bonus of apparently being Scotland qualified

Hopefully Dunbar is back in time for the November internationals. When are Huw Jones and Bennett back from injury?
If all 3 are out Taylor and Grigg would be an interesting combination with Horne back up but after that we would be short on centres
As an aside, does anyone know when Thompson joins us from SA? He looked good while on loan last year, coming straight into the side and fitting in well, also bonus of apparently being Scotland qualified

Thought huw jones was out in Sa as well. Might be wrong though cos sure he was in the recent Scotland training camp

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

Jones is playing Currie Cup matches for WP at the moment. WP might qualify for finals (bit touch and go, depends on next 2 results against Bulls and Lions. Last round robin games are 14th October, with 21st and 28th for Semi-Finals and Final respectively. 

Brandon Thompson arrived on the 28th of August because he was introduced at the members event that night as 'just off a plane'.

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

Reports from France  that Racing 92 have offered  Finn a contract for next season 

Man, it was quite depressing watching big Leone playing for them last season, looking 2 stone heavier and like he was having far less fun. Would be shite to see Finn playing in a shitfest team.

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

Reports from France  that Racing 92 have offered  Finn a contract for next season 

9 minutes ago, GAD said:

Man, it was quite depressing watching big Leone playing for them last season, looking 2 stone heavier and like he was having far less fun. Would be shite to see Finn playing in a shitfest team.

Racing 92 can get fucking knotted.

Only positive I can think of is if Dan Carter had another season left on his contract. It could help with Finn's consistently training with him.

Only positive I can think of is if Dan Carter had another season left on his contract. It could help with Finn's consistently training with him.

Is Ogara still out there. He seems to be a big fan of Finn so this doesn't surprise me. Mind you, Finns performances against Racing last year were there for everyone to see.

Bit late to the party but Friday nights performance was simply delightful, granted Munster were not at full strength but neither were we, off the top of my head Alex Dunbar, Huw Jones, Tommy Seymour, Fraser Brown, Johnny Gray all didnt play who you'd expect to be starters when fit.

Racing 92 can get in the fucking sea. I never want Finn Russell to leave.

12 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Is Ogara still out there. He seems to be a big fan of Finn so this doesn't surprise me. Mind you, Finns performances against Racing last year were there for everyone to see.

He is. Suspect he convinced Donnacha Ryan to move too (no doubt helped with cash!). 

I feel it is rather foregone, Glasgow need to get best of players then let them move for cash, reinvesting it going forward. 

I really hope the SRU break the bank to keep Finn.  He's one of the best players to come out of the country in years.  However, let's not forget that Ali Price and Jonny Gray come out of contract at the end of this season too and the budget can only stretch so far.  It's an argument for the idea that the SRU should be open to outside investment and potentially even selling the pro teams if the right money and the right business plan comes along.  Obviously a motion along those lines was passed just a few months ago so hopefully it pays dividends in the near future.

As for the short term we host a major banana skin on Friday night as Benneton Treviso have enjoyed 2 wins on the bounce.  We need to win and a winning BP would be handy to boot so hopefully a strong team's out.  Rumour has it that Fraser Brown will be back which is a boost.  Lucky I'm a season ticket holder as the game's not on TV though Edinburgh's trip to Leinster is. 

Edited by come on shire

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bit late to the party but Friday nights performance was simply delightful, granted Munster were not at full strength but neither were we, off the top of my head Alex Dunbar, Huw Jones, Tommy Seymour, Fraser Brown, Johnny Gray all didnt play who you'd expect to be starters when fit.

Racing 92 can get in the fucking sea. I never want Finn Russell to leave.

Stuart Hogg wasn't missed at all...

:)