Rugby Union

kiwififer

I watched the game this morning and what a game it was. Excellent running rugby with a great range of kicking from russel. You could just tell that Glasgow were far more up for it. An all together excellent performance.

Couple of issues I have. The advantage rule. How long is it meant to last. Or does the team in possession have to get across the gameline.

The other is what's the difference between the truck and trailer type maneuver from line out that Robinson used in national set up to what Zander fagerson broke up and causing accidental offside last night

On the second point it's not a maul if no one from the opposition is bound on hence fagerson could break it up. You can't just set up a maul like that , you have to have a tackle first then move the ball back.
Much better from Glasgow going through a few phases meant we had more space to go wide, so we looked more expansive from keeping it a bit tighter. Still think Ashe would be better at wing forward, again last night he lost the ball at the back of the scrum

On the second point it's not a maul if no one from the opposition is bound on hence fagerson could break it up. You can't just set up a maul like that , you have to have a tackle first then move the ball back.
Much better from Glasgow going through a few phases meant we had more space to go wide, so we looked more expansive from keeping it a bit tighter. Still think Ashe would be better at wing forward, again last night he lost the ball at the back of the scrum

So what should munster of done when Glasgow didn't initially engage?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

3 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

It's starting to get a bit tasty now. Apparently we're plastic fans, bad winners, acting like we've won Pro14.

Finn.thumb.jpg.76d5a37476c7ced6682a38b535e084c7.jpg

* not a photo from last night

Get some screenshots or links up, I always miss this stuff...

I'd didn't... but that's not why Glasgow won

No Glasgow over 80 minutes were the better team in every area of the field. They probably would of won if munster had an extra man. But them losing a man just made it easier. There was never a moment I thought munster might get back into this it was more a case of Glasgow could score again with every attack

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

Get some screenshots or links up, I always miss this stuff...

I should say, it is a very minor few and it is quite mild but here is a selection:

Spoiler

Mr Mahon starts off with a fairly reasonable point:

Mahon.PNG.86702a283818729e972172868099d2e7.PNG

Realising the magnitude of us beating Munster, Mr Mahon gets a bit upset:

Mahon2.PNG.3ddac929f64c799fbddeb328f94fe956.PNG

Other Munster fans start feeling brave and get involved too...the irony of Peter Cunningham's statement must be lost on him. As always, Mr Mahon is there with a supportive word or twenty:

Cunningham.PNG.1897bc9c6cbd1d7accad4edfe3e3f7b4.PNG

Jayden Banks and Walter Obrien chime in too...although given that Walter can't spell his own surname correctly, I won't be taking anything he says to heart:

Banks.PNG.1720779ddc04e1eca9e8969c7047914d.PNGObrien.PNG.8e3373e833cada2cec1b1017036a0b30.PNG

Tomás O'Loughlin gets the excuses in but inadvertently makes us look even better:

Tomas.PNG.154d078263c0c1cd1eca7cef6cf36941.PNG

Finally, this came from the Irish Rugby page. I've only included it because...no idea what point he's trying to make:

Tierney.PNG.82de534f334f888e46cadf82ad29d036.PNG

Like I say - mild but still... :bairn

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I should say, it is a very minor few and it is quite mild but here is a selection:

Hide contents

Mr Mahon starts off with a fairly reasonable point:

Mahon.PNG.86702a283818729e972172868099d2e7.PNG

Realising the magnitude of us beating Munster, Mr Mahon gets a bit upset:

Mahon2.PNG.3ddac929f64c799fbddeb328f94fe956.PNG

Other Munster fans start feeling brave and get involved too...the irony of Peter Cunningham's statement must be lost on him. As always, Mr Mahon is there with a supportive word or twenty:

Cunningham.PNG.1897bc9c6cbd1d7accad4edfe3e3f7b4.PNG

Jayden Banks and Walter Obrien chime in too...although given that Walter can't spell his own surname correctly, I won't be taking anything he says to heart:

Banks.PNG.1720779ddc04e1eca9e8969c7047914d.PNGObrien.PNG.8e3373e833cada2cec1b1017036a0b30.PNG

Tomás O'Loughlin gets the excuses in but inadvertently makes us look even better:

Tomas.PNG.154d078263c0c1cd1eca7cef6cf36941.PNG

Finally, this came from the Irish Rugby page. I've only included it because...no idea what point he's trying to make:

Tierney.PNG.82de534f334f888e46cadf82ad29d036.PNG

Like I say - mild but still... :bairn

Lovely. Best part is that Big Team Munster haven't won anything in years. Seriously, I think it's 2011 or something.

So Zebre have just beaten the Kings 43-17 in SA. What sort of utter shite have we allowed into our league. Surely a 3rd pro Scottish team would be better than this.

Yeah the kings are a depleted side. Lost a lot of their better players, they're going to take quite a few hidings this season and will be lucky if they manage a win. Hopefully, once they've had a proper preseason to prepare for the Pro 14/15 whatever it'll be next year they can at least be competitive.

Yeah the kings are a depleted side. Lost a lot of their better players, they're going to take quite a few hidings this season and will be lucky if they manage a win. Hopefully, once they've had a proper preseason to prepare for the Pro 14/15 whatever it'll be next year they can at least be competitive.

See Edinburgh have had man sent off; going to be a long night for them I think