Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, dogmc said:

Tmo despite the Irish accent is actually with sru....has screwed Scottish sides a few times v Irish teams in past

I knew he was SRU, but he was not looking for that elbow there. It was pretty funny when it dawned on him what had actually happened and Owens wanted to see it again. I think he was still chirping "yellow" at Owens as he was pulling out the red.

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

I knew he was SRU, but he was not looking for that elbow there. It was pretty funny when it dawned on him what had actually happened and Owens wanted to see it again. I think he was still chirping "yellow" at Owens as he was pulling out the red.

I'm talking shite btw, it was the co commentator saying yellow card. Sorry TMO...

Great to see Rennie has just carried on where Toony left off and has them wanting to attack at every turn, sometimes they are getting a bit carried away and it gets a bit frantic but I'm sure the balance will get better as the weeks go by. I'm sure most folk would have killed to get off to a start like this, especially with the players who are missing at the moment.

Gibbons is just what we lacked - a maniac with a better all round game and physicality than favaro. Once the tight five have a few more months of the expectation that they need to offload and keep the ball alive at every opportunity it could be unbelievable. 

Dunbar, Hogg, Seymour, H Jones, Nico to add to tonight's team, plus Hastings and G Horne  who look like they could be a really good fit to the system.

Gray, Brown, Kebble in the pack.

Sarto is a machine.

Seems like a relative return to 2015 style after a stodgy year (notwithstanding the European results) last year - we were dogshit for most of the league last year.

Munster were 2nd string but still, great to put that particular bogey to rest.

20 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Gibbons is just what we lacked - a maniac with a better all round game and physicality than favaro. Once the tight five have a few more months of the expectation that they need to offload and keep the ball alive at every opportunity it could be unbelievable. 

Dunbar, Hogg, Seymour, H Jones, Nico to add to tonight's team, plus Hastings and G Horne  who look like they could be a really good fit to the system.

Gray, Brown, Kebble in the pack.

Sarto is a machine.

Seems like a relative return to 2015 style after a stodgy year (notwithstanding the European results) last year - we were dogshit for most of the league last year.

Munster were 2nd string but still, great to put that particular bogey to rest.

Not forgetting that Sarto was playing with a humped ankle for 70 mins or so. Some effort from the big chap.

11 minutes ago, come on shire said:

What a win! Set pieces not perfect yet but vast improvement. Well taken tries and Finn was excellent. Deserved red card aswell. 

I was at the game so never heard Nigel's lecture. Anything interesting lol? 

Just his standard lecture. No fighting, it's naughty.

What a win! Set pieces not perfect yet but vast improvement. Well taken tries and Finn was excellent. Deserved red card aswell. 
I was at the game so never heard Nigel's lecture. Anything interesting lol? 

Nige was decent. Incident in first half when he got all the players into huddle couldn't really hear what he was saying. Second half only classic was when he turned round to a munster back who was standing offside behind the line out and just said. ' what you doing here m8'...
Great win, great performance

11 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Disappointing lack of tears and snotters from the Munster faithful. The closest is one guy saying that they had players who were on the Lions tour and that is why they lost. Otherwise, they have been unusually complimentary.

Saw a guy having a bit of a meltdown over Owens on the Pro 14 Facebook page. Apparently they always lose when he's the ref.

Lee Jones was good tonight. Where does everyone think he's sitting in regards to Scotland now? Behind Maitland, Seymour and probably Visser I'd guess, but I reckon he's above Hoyland now, and definitely ahead of Hughes.

Also glad to see the Cheetahs gave Leinster a bit of a dicking. I thought they'd be decent given time and after a poor start this result shows they could be up there if not this season then next. I don't think the Kings (who lost a few more players over the summer) really have the pack to be more than a lower end team.

Saw a guy having a bit of a meltdown over Owens on the Pro 14 Facebook page. Apparently they always lose when he's the ref.
Lee Jones was good tonight. Where does everyone think he's sitting in regards to Scotland now? Behind Maitland, Seymour and probably Visser I'd guess, but I reckon he's above Hoyland now, and definitely ahead of Hughes.

Of course they lose when owens refs...he actually pings them for offside / going off their feet / side entry!!!. The other refs have indulged them for a decade!