Rugby Union

kiwififer

I'm actually seething listening to this pish! Makes the oz commentary from the summer look neutral....neck rolls are good rucking n forward passes are nice flat ball. Glasgow just living off ospreys mistakes.... Scott Hastings all is forgiven !!.....not really he'd probably agree if he was on comms before telling us how good a centre he was.ETA mitrea is bloody awful.

Have you ever looked at scumv? It's hilarious

It is a great site to read and laugh at

There's a couple of right roasters on it that seem to absolutely hate Scottish Rugby. When we pummelled their national team in Feb they claimed that they would have won if not for the wyn jones bigger miscommunication. When it was pointed out that we won by 3 clear scores they got a tad rattled.
Personally think they are the worst rugby fans around and England gets my vote when they play.

I'm a fan of expansion so quite happy and at least there is more time to plan fixtures. Would like an even number though so club 16 wherever they from needs sorting.

I'm a fan of expansion so quite happy and at least there is more time to plan fixtures. Would like an even number though so club 16 wherever they from needs sorting.

I'm sure they'll try to find a suitable 16th member. It's just a shame that the other Super rugby franchise that's been ditched is almost a geographical impossibility(or at least it should be).

I'm sure they'll try to find a suitable 16th member. It's just a shame that the other Super rugby franchise that's been ditched is almost a geographical impossibility(or at least it should be).

I think club 16 should be Canadian or another USA team (new york) If club 15 is USA team. So keep the new teams close to each other. Romania and Georgia would be a good fit as well as a Germany and Spain team. However I not sure there is the domestic player depth to be able to compete with even bottom of the league.

I agree though western force would be excellent addition but the guy who owns them is trying to set up his own rebel league.

I think club 16 should be Canadian or another USA team (new york) If club 15 is USA team. So keep the new teams close to each other. Romania and Georgia would be a good fit as well as a Germany and Spain team. However I not sure there is the domestic player depth to be able to compete with even bottom of the league.

I agree though western force would be excellent addition but the guy who owns them is trying to set up his own rebel league.

He should absolutely call it the rebel league !

Some interesting developments over the last few days. The announcement that the US team is a pretty much a done deal, was the worst kept secret, but I think team 16 will be interesting. You would think Canada would be the obvious choice, but they are struggling for a venue, as realistically it needs to be covered / indoor to play in winter. Canada would make sense as you could have teams double up on away trips etc.

If its not Canada then performance wise the obvious choice would be Einesy the russia team who have played in the Challenge cup the last few years, the problem is that they (along with Krasny Yar who are in the Challenge cup as well this year) are both from Krasnoyarsk. They are actually further away from Moscow than Glasgow is from Moscow. The other issue is you cant play outside from the end of October through to March, but I believe they are building an indoor arena as they are hosting the world youth witner olympics or somethign similar next year. A merger would be ideal (although that maybe wouldnt go down so well, or splitting games with either Moscow or somewhere in the west of Russia may be an option)

After that that I would have the spanish in (although the spanish union turned down the offer) just because of this 

It is my next purchase if a rugby top, and VRAC being the best team in Spain, and the actually share a ground with the other top team Silverstorm, so again a merger as one Valladolid club may be an option. They had 25,000 turn up for a Spanish cup final so there is definitely an audience there.

The other obvious 2 (notwithstanding a 3rd Scottish team) are Georgia and Germany. Georgia have the players, decent set up etc, but probably wont be able to bring the cash to the table that the Pro14 want. In terms of bringing a competitive team, having the players available etc this would be the obvious choice, but they dont have the sponsorship, the TV money etc that the Pro14 want.

A German team backed by Wilde would have the money to set up a German team, you would expect it to be in Helderberg where the majority of the current German squad are, and you would likely get a decent crowd, but you would think it would go to a big city. Germany dont have the players ready for the Pro14 yet, so you would think it would require an influx of SH players, a few Germans and probably a few others from round Europe. They may have a case if the open the team up to players from the rest of Europe.

Romania already have a fairly decent pro league, and a team in Bucarest may be an option, not as far away as Georgia, and probably at the same sort of level as Georgia and again may be able to entice a few players back from France.

Also read this morning regarding the new AUstralia / Pacific league. Looks like he is trying to replace the NRC in austrailia with his new league, which may be what the ARU are after as it is losing them money. You would think 6 australian teams, fiji, HK, a chinese team and another team from Japan may be a goer as a starter. Would probably sit as a level under Super Rugby (which is on shaky ground at the moment with 2020 tv deal looming) but talk of bring approx 120 players back from Europe and Japan it could be a really good standard.

Edited by honestly united

Guinness PRO14  – Broadcasts & Referee Appointments

Friday, September 15, 2017

Ulster Rugby v Scarlets – KO 7:35pm

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 70th competition game)
AR1: Vincenzo Schipani (FIR). AR2: Kieran Barry (IRFU)
TMO: Alan Falzone (FIR)
BBC2 NI: 7.25pm
BBC2 Wales: 7.30pm
TG4: 7.30pm
SuperSport 2: 8.30pm (SA time)

Dragons v Connacht Rugby – KO 7:30pm

Referee: Quinton Immelman (SARU, 2nd competition game)
AR1: Craig Evans (WRU). AR2: Rhys Thomas (WRU)

Edinburgh v Benetton Rugby – KO 7:35pm

Referee: David Wilkinson (IRFU, 53rd competition game)
AR1: Lloyd Linton (SRU). AR2: Dunx McClement (SRU)

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Southern Kings v Leinster Rugby – KO 2:15pm (1.15pm UK/IRE)

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU, 36th competition game)
AR1: Mike Adamson (SRU). AR2: Cwengile Jadezweni (SARU)
TMO: Johan Greeff (SARU)
SuperSport 1: 2.10pm (SA)
TG4: 1.10pm (UK/Ire)

Ospreys v Munster – KO 3.15pm

Referee: Stuart Berry (SARU, 2nd competition game)
AR1: Dan Jones (WRU). AR2: Adam Jones (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)
Sky Sports Action: 3pm
TG4: 3.10pm

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors – KO 7:35pm

Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU, 7th competition game)
AR1: George Clancy (IRFU). AR2: Mike English (WRU)
TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)
S4C: 7.15pm

Toyota Cheetahs v Zebre Rugby Club – KO 7.30pm

Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 26th competition game)
AR1: Sean Gallagher (IRFU). AR2: Jaco Peyper (SARU)
TMO: Shaun Veldsman (SARU)
SuperSport1: 7.15pm

Lienster are  the 1st team to have trouble in South Africa as two players (captain Isa Nacewa and Jamison Gibson-Park) were denied entry into the country. Due the them having Kiwi pasports and not getting a visa for them 

Guinness PRO14  – Broadcasts & Referee Appointments

Friday, September 15, 2017

Ulster Rugby v Scarlets – KO 7:35pm

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 70th competition game)

AR1: Vincenzo Schipani (FIR). AR2: Kieran Barry (IRFU)

TMO: Alan Falzone (FIR)

BBC2 NI: 7.25pm

BBC2 Wales: 7.30pm

TG4: 7.30pm

SuperSport 2: 8.30pm (SA time)

Dragons v Connacht Rugby – KO 7:30pm

Referee: Quinton Immelman (SARU, 2nd competition game)

AR1: Craig Evans (WRU). AR2: Rhys Thomas (WRU)

Edinburgh v Benetton Rugby – KO 7:35pm

Referee: David Wilkinson (IRFU, 53rd competition game)

AR1: Lloyd Linton (SRU). AR2: Dunx McClement (SRU)

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Southern Kings v Leinster Rugby – KO 2:15pm (1.15pm UK/IRE)

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU, 36th competition game)

AR1: Mike Adamson (SRU). AR2: Cwengile Jadezweni (SARU)

TMO: Johan Greeff (SARU)

SuperSport 1: 2.10pm (SA)

TG4: 1.10pm (UK/Ire)

Ospreys v Munster – KO 3.15pm

Referee: Stuart Berry (SARU, 2nd competition game)

AR1: Dan Jones (WRU). AR2: Adam Jones (WRU)

TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

Sky Sports Action: 3pm

TG4: 3.10pm

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors – KO 7:35pm

Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU, 7th competition game)

AR1: George Clancy (IRFU). AR2: Mike English (WRU)

TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

S4C: 7.15pm

Toyota Cheetahs v Zebre Rugby Club – KO 7.30pm

Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 26th competition game)

AR1: Sean Gallagher (IRFU). AR2: Jaco Peyper (SARU)

TMO: Shaun Veldsman (SARU)

SuperSport1: 7.15pm

Irish ref for Glasgow game *sigh*

Edit. And for Edinburgh game *double sigh*

2 for 2 this weekend I think; despite what the scumv gurus say.

All booked for Cardiff this weekend.  Tempted to do Cardiff City v Sheffield Wednesday beforehand but the Cardiff City stadium is on the outskirts heading towards the M4 if I remember correctly so a bit of a trek so I reckon I'll just save some cash.

Massive game for the Warriors to stay on a winning track especially with Munster paying a visit next Friday.