Rugby Union

kiwififer

Couple of strange picks in their but the stand out for me is, Phil Burleigh (is he in under 3 years residency or does he have a scottish granny?) at 30 over Jackson / Hastings / Thompson is a suprise

Hastings has yet to play a game for Glasgow so probably too early to call him up yet. Burleigh covers 10 and centre and is a pretty smart player. Have liked him so far at embra but didn't realise he was eligible.

Our backs look pretty decent. Of all the picks Denton is one that surprised me most. Always a hard grafter but terrible hands and kinda predictable when carrying. Think we have plenty of better options these days. Would have liked to see George Horne in there too but overall looks a good group

41 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Hastings has yet to play a game for Glasgow so probably too early to call him up yet. Burleigh covers 10 and centre and is a pretty smart player. Have liked him so far at embra but didn't realise he was eligible.

Bhatti I dont think has started a league game for Glasgow either, and Im sure he has played for Bath. He signed for Embra in 2014, so would be elligible at some point soon, my thinking is although we might get 2 or 3 years out of Burleigh I would rather be looking a bit more long term for back up at 10 / potential replacement for Finn

Bhatti I dont think has started a league game for Glasgow either, and Im sure he has played for Bath. He signed for Embra in 2014, so would be elligible at some point soon, my thinking is although we might get 2 or 3 years out of Burleigh I would rather be looking a bit more long term for back up at 10 / potential replacement for Finn

Think bhatti had a fair bit of game time especially during 6n. I'd be keener on mccallum tbh. Yeah hastings is defo the future but there's plenty of time for likes of him n Horne. Is only a training squad. Kinda hoping we aren't going to persevere with laidlaw. Much as he is a good leader and a decent kicker it's time to ensure price is developed for next rwc. Also don't think laidlaws slow delivery is much use to finn. Finn revelled in the quick service from price v Italy n Oz.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/south-africa-just-start-world-13484553

Not much given away in this article and just covers what we all already know. However I think the important thing is that although the Americans are considered to join they are not the only option. Expanding into Spain and Germany would be the best option for travel and time zones. Warmer climate and the fact these nations are slowly but surely getting better and more professional means they could offer a challenge up to the Italians. 

I hope these two conferences work for the league the teams and the fans. Look forward to the start of the new season.

Strauss is good but better than Faletau or Stander? 

On basis of last few pro 12 seasons....yeah I'd have him right up in those echelons. Stander looked ordinary in a lot of the lions tour games. Never seen a fully fit Strauss anything less than superb. Even half fit he's useful.

22 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Anton Bresler sounds like the guitarist for a very angry thrash metal band.

20 hours ago, dogmc said:

Used to look like one too.

Anton Bresler

download.jpg.4b0bd0750c21769070f132f3c9b40c92.jpg

Gary Holt (of Exodus and Slayer fame, as opposed to Scotland international and Scottish Cup winner with Kilmarnock)

5996d6e218ed8_gary-holt-slayer(1).jpg.eeb99e55ccb1543160bac531fafc37b8.jpg

Swap the guitar and the ball and no one is going to notice the difference, IMO.

19 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Anton Bresler

download.jpg.4b0bd0750c21769070f132f3c9b40c92.jpg

Gary Holt (of Exodus and Slayer fame, as opposed to Scotland international and Scottish Cup winner with Kilmarnock)

5996d6e218ed8_gary-holt-slayer(1).jpg.eeb99e55ccb1543160bac531fafc37b8.jpg

Swap the guitar and the ball and no one is going to notice the difference, IMO.

I wonder if on DeathandDestruction.com there's a thread in which hardened rock fans talk about how the guitarist from Slayer sounds like he should be playing in midfield for a middling Scottish football team?

Edited by Savage Henry