Rugby Union

kiwififer

We need to up the ante here. Just not doing it at all atm. Great rolling maul leading to nice try from Ross Ford but that's about it.

Jackson's ok but doesn't have Hogg's flair but Price needs to get on to inject some pace and threat. Pyrgos isn't bringing much to the table atm.

Edited by come on shire

Missed most of the game but from what ive seen ref was pretty kind to us and we were forcing the play n bit panicky? Perhaps one game too many?? Certainly cant say we had too many players missing as we finished the game with plenty of caps out there. Well done Fiji! ! If we had to lose to anyone better them than the aussies for me. No doubt it will be ammo for the gatland fan boys but its probably no bad thing that we get a reality check. Id be raging if cotter had lost that i guess so toony will need to learn from it n ensure complacency isnt a feature of his squad. Fair play to Fiji though wins over italy n us will help their ratings n they have made a big contribution to Scottish rugby with their players so dont begrudge them the win.....hope we dont get them in rwc though!!

eta seen a lot of criticism for henry guess he had a poor one?? 30 missed tackles is poor though. Cant possibly win matches missing that many tackles.....id imagine next squad session will be dominated by matt taylor!

7 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

No one as it was a set of one-off matches with Scotland and Italy playing the same opposition

ah I'm sure I read somewhere that it was a tournament this year. Still more positives than negatives to take from the tour but very disappointing to lose to Fiji.

Just watched the game, on world rugby Facebook, and we were way of the pace all game. Pyrgos was slow, we lacked invention without Russell, the forwards looked one paced as well. I think our issue against Fiji is that normally we are the team looking to play a quick game, harrying the opposition, but Fiji just do it better than us. We just didn't get going.

Subs bench wasn't great, Taylor went off at half time I think and we only had tons to come so Jackson went to 10 and Horne to 12, but it meant we had to delay bring price on as he was the only other back on the bench with a 6 2 split.

Plenty to work on and pushes Fiji as the 10th best team in the world. Had to smile though when Nakarawa put a chip down the line straight into touch, just goes to show even the best player in the world can't do everything!

Edit to add I think it's a 3 way tie between us, oz and Fiji all with 2 wins and one lose, not sure the rules on who wins on a tie, it's usually head to head first but as we all beat each other not sure the next decider

Watching the Oz Italy game was lot closer than expected. Hard to tell if it was Italy raising their game or Oz just making heavy weather of it

Bit of both I'd suggest. NZ will absolutely piss the forthcoming Championship, again.

Bit of both I'd suggest. NZ will absolutely piss the forthcoming Championship, again.

Yeah would think so. Oz have some cracking backs and while Foley can gave moments of greatness he also has forgettable moments too. Wondering what their other stand off options are? Can't see anything other than nz cruising it.