Rugby Union

kiwififer

I just saw that. What a twat.
They probably would have actually. Finn got another kicking today!
Really quite excited about this team now. That was good today. We still look dangerous with the ball, but we are now a good defensive team. We still have the Twickenham debacle hanging over our heads, but only the most blinkered of Welsh/English/Irish fans would now consider us a bad team.
Special word today for the back three. Nobody was convinced, but they didn't let anybody down.

Yeah agree on that especially about the back 3. Had the fear about them but all did their jobs. Thought Henry was poor when he came on n strauss was excellent when he came on for Wilson. Toony timed the subs pretty well.

5 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Guess it's a done deal but it's shocking they won't even be considered for tests. Absolute farce of a tour. Russell is miles ahead on current form of any of the lions tens. That said he's not suited to crash ball rugby but bringing players in just to complete the Wednesday games is poor.

Finn at 10 with a fit Farrell at 12 to take the pressure off the kicking would be immense.

3 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Instead Finn will be on plane home after hurricanes match. Gatland is a clown

It might depend on Farrell's injury to be fair. Russell is the only one he's picked who actually should have been there in the first place. He's almost deliberately avoided picking anyone else who could conceivably trouble the first team, picking some Welsh plodder instead of Gray for example.

The Lions beat the Maori who were absolutely howling in the 2nd half.  You'll need to give Barnes and Greenwood time to climax before the Scotland highlights start though.

Absolutely outstanding defence today.  We've just won, in theory at least, the toughest game of the tour.  First win in Sydney to boot.

I reckon the Scots that go to the Lions, if at all, would be rested for the Fiji game anyways.  However, I'm hoping we'd have the strength in depth to go to Suva and win.  However, we'll be up against their home crowd and tropical climate.  They are weak at 15's as 7's is their baby, but Italy lost this morning in Suva so need to be respected. 

For now delighted though :)

The Lions beat the Maori who were absolutely howling in the 2nd half.  You'll need to give Barnes and Greenwood time to climax before the Scotland highlights start though.
Absolutely outstanding defence today.  We've just won, in theory at least, the toughest game of the tour.  First win in Sydney to boot.
I reckon the Scots that go to the Lions, if at all, would be rested for the Fiji game anyways.  However, I'm hoping we'd have the strength in depth to go to Suva and win.  However, we'll be up against their home crowd and tropical climate.  They are weak at 15's as 7's is their baby, but Italy lost this morning in Suva so need to be respected. 
For now delighted though [emoji4]

If we do win in fiji we win the tourney. Today was outstanding. Difference from previous games when weve lost narrowly is that the self belief is there. Toony does a great job of getting into players heads. 4th in the world does seem a wee bit anomalous but theres no doubt we are on an upward curve. Lots of people on Facebook crediting vern but its toony thats developed the core of the team and vern couldn't find wins agajnst the really big nations. If anyone should be sharing credit with toony its lineen who stabilised Glasgow and put a lot of the development systems into place. With a lot of young guys coming through from u20 this is the most optimistic ive been about Scottish rugby since the early 90s.

Watching Folau's second try again and it could be an Aussie Rules football mark. Really impressive stuff, then I remembered he used to be an Aussie Rules football player. Looks like he's taken the skill into rugby.