Rugby Union

kiwififer

Funny thing is, for all the tight games between the two teams recently, that's probably the one we deserved the least!

Also, that back row there, the one that just murdered Hooper and co, apparently none of them are good enough for Gatland. 

Edited by GAD

2 minutes ago, dogmc said:

That's fab.....trying to justify to myself that cracking open a cold can at 8am isn't full on jakeball behaviour

Nah, it's fine... I just cracked one too.

Funny thing is, for all the tight games between the two teams recently, that's probably the one we deserved the least!
Also, that back row there, the one that just murdered Hooper and co, apparently none of them are good enough for Gatland. 

Warburton ahead of Watson is utter nonsense

What a brilliant result. Certainly didn't see it coming. 

The start to the day's made even better by the English toys out of the pram reaction to the Lions call ups. The bleating is immense.

2 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Warburton ahead of Watson is utter nonsense

Watson and Barclay both brilliant today. Unfortunately they aren't 19 stone, 6ft 3 and only run in straight lines.

Edited by GAD

Only got up at half time but what a great defensive performance and a cracking try. As said above we played better going forward in the two we lost recently than that but couldn't see it out. The two wins I can remember in 2009 and 2012 were also based on a very strong defence.

I really would like this team to play against Fiji as well. I don't want Russell, Nel, etc going to New Zealand with no chance of playing.

Gatland just said new guys were picked on geography and will be sent home after hurricanes game. Absolute disgrace. Devalues the selection and indeed the new players. I suspect finn n dell would have been rested anyway for Fiji. Toony will want to shuffle the pack a bit

Just now, dogmc said:

Gatland just said new guys were picked on geography and will be sent home after hurricanes game. Absolute disgrace. Devalues the selection and indeed the new players. I suspect finn n dell would have been rested anyway for Fiji. Toony will want to shuffle the pack a bit

Yeah, Jackson hasn't played yet, and Horne was off the bench last week. One of them will start at 10 against Fiji.

10 minutes ago, dogmc said:

I just saw that. What a twat.

They probably would have actually. Finn got another kicking today!

Really quite excited about this team now. That was good today. We still look dangerous with the ball, but we are now a good defensive team. We still have the Twickenham debacle hanging over our heads, but only the most blinkered of Welsh/English/Irish fans would now consider us a bad team.

Special word today for the back three. Nobody was convinced, but they didn't let anybody down.

Gatland has only picked Dell and Russell. The other call ups are Welsh so hopefully another strong Scotland side against Fiji.

Part of me hopes they both tell him to ram it and stay with the Scotland squad.

Guess it's a done deal but it's shocking they won't even be considered for tests. Absolute farce of a tour. Russell is miles ahead on current form of any of the lions tens. That said he's not suited to crash ball rugby but bringing players in just to complete the Wednesday games is poor.