Rugby Union

kiwififer

8 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Massively clutching at straws, but I'm pretty sure Scotland managed to score more points against England than anyone else has managed this 6 Nations.

The 61 shipped at the other end didn't help, mind.

And the only side to concede any points to Italy.

Huw Jones is out for 5 months after tearing a hamstring. 

Sean Lamont will retire at the end of the season 

Massively clutching at straws, but I'm pretty sure Scotland managed to score more points against England than anyone else has managed this 6 Nations.
The 61 shipped at the other end didn't help, mind.

Failing to get a fourth try at Twickenham cost us Second Place

A fact that, if you'd predicted it beforehand, would have probably marked you out as mad or intoxicated

it is based on stats 

With eight clean breaks and three tries, Keith Earls was one of the most potent threats in the Championship, helping Ireland to second place in the table.

Earls beat 13 defenders over the course of the Championship, bettered only by Louis Picamoles and CJ Stander in the Accenture team.

So this is the "statistically" best team of the championship that the stats gurus come up with based on pure stats?

Would I be correct in saying that there will also be an "official" team of the tournament announced when they announce the player of the tournament winner?

Failing to get a fourth try at Twickenham cost us Second Place

A fact that, if you'd predicted it beforehand, would have probably marked you out as mad or intoxicated

Or the Ireland game even a penalty or dropgoal would have seen us finish 3rd

And the only side to concede any points to Italy.
Huw Jones is out for 5 months after tearing a hamstring. 
Sean Lamont will retire at the end of the season 

Sad to see Sean retire. Absolute stalwart of scottish rugby who came into Scotland side when we were appalling in the backline. Lot of people only see his try scoring ratio and forget he probably got the ball more in his early Scotland career from the opposition than us passing it down the line. Almost always got us over the gain line always looked for work and I've heard he was a hugely positive influence on young lads when he came back to Glasgow. Glad he was there for Pro12 won. Few players deserve a winners medal more. Just a shame Rory had to retire early through injury

Now that the 6N is over I was thinking about the round ball. 

Traditionally at least, I've never followed our footy team strongly.  However, I was fancying the game tonight vs Canada, but they want £22 for a ticket.  I was considering the Slovenia game on Sun night but the cheapest ticket (inc. booking fee) was £35. 

Aint the cheapest imho...

Now that the 6N is over I was thinking about the round ball. 
Traditionally at least, I've never followed our footy team strongly.  However, I was fancying the game tonight vs Canada, but they want £22 for a ticket.  I was considering the Slovenia game on Sun night but the cheapest ticket (inc. booking fee) was £35. 
Aint the cheapest imho...

Scotland football games are ridiculously overpriced and really not worth the effort. While 6 nations games are expensive at least the SRU have always had sensible pricing for the Autumn tests.

Scotland football games are ridiculously overpriced and really not worth the effort. While 6 nations games are expensive at least the SRU have always had sensible pricing for the Autumn tests.

Think there are decent discounts available from the sru for the season ticket package as well.

Think there are decent discounts available from the sru for the season ticket package as well.

We renewed our bronze season tickets last week. Not the best seats in the house but still pretty good value at £150 for five matches including England and New Zealand.