Rugby Union

kiwififer

Citing panel upheld yellow for brown so no ban (fairly lucky tbf) not heard yet about itoje tackle on Hogg.

You'll have a long wait I think regards Itoje. If Brown had been red carded at the time it would have been hard to argue with.

Victory for common sense and a waste of time to boot.

Landed on his back and dealt with by yellow card at the time.

Rule of thumb is that if it's late, it's a penalty only (unless continual), lands on his back is a yellow and it's a red if it's his neck and/or head.

TV footage showed it was the top of his BACK alk day long.

We need a win (preferably with a bp) to finish as high up the table as poss.

What's worrying me is how I've been so confident that will happen. It'll be a huge job for O'Shea but I just hope it doesn't bite me.

Italy are used to being stuffy only at home but even at Murrayfield it could be a banana skin. At least you KNOW Leinster, Ospreys etc are great sides but it's the opponent that comes under the radar that's the most dangerous.

I'm like this when Zebre and Treviso (especially Treviso) play Glasgow.

We need a win (preferably with a bp) to finish as high up the table as poss.
What's worrying me is how I've been so confident that will happen. It'll be a huge job for O'Shea but I just hope it doesn't bite me.
Italy are used to being stuffy only at home but even at Murrayfield it could be a banana skin. At least you KNOW Leinster, Ospreys etc are great sides but it's the opponent that comes under the radar that's the most dangerous.
I'm like this when Zebre and Treviso (especially Treviso) play Glasgow.

And let's not forget zebre turning over embra. After Italy capitulated to Ireland I was looking at it as a guaranteed win and probable BP. ...but it's far from that. They do run out of puff after 60 odd min and we should have the fitness to exploit that however we need to be right on our game from the first whistle. Under vern we are guilty of being great for one half and switched off for the other. Needs to be the full 80 min this time round.

Think it says that the Italian's are feeling a bit of confidence when they have named their team so early. If Scotland were even at 2/3rds strength then I wouldn't be worried, but there are so many players out then there has to be some concern.

Think it says that the Italian's are feeling a bit of confidence when they have named their team so early. If Scotland were even at 2/3rds strength then I wouldn't be worried, but there are so many players out then there has to be some concern.

They have named their team late on the Tuesday compared to Thursday/Friday for every game since O'Shea started with them

3 hours ago, ajwffc said:

They have named their team late on the Tuesday compared to Thursday/Friday for every game since O'Shea started with them

Maybe just the way O'Shea works. It's a bit odd when it may be up for public editing if, for example, an injury occurs at training on the lead up to the game.

If we can keep Parisse quiet we should HOPEFULLY keep the rest quiet. This is where having Strauss out and maybe even Wilson is a big blow. Parisse's one of the best 8's in the world. I'd bring in Barclay at 8 if Wilson doesn't make it and give Harley a chance at back row again.

It always feels like a slight anti-climax when we play Italy last (other than if we’ve lost every game until then). How well we’ve done is generally judged on other games, and even if we beat them comfortably tomorrow with a bonus point, it won’t eradicate the memory of the England game.

34 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Ford over brown makes no sense. Brown was undeniably stupid with that tip tackle but replacing him with someone that can't hook or throw is plain crazy.

Absolutely delighted with that team. Shame for Bennett but Jones is an able replacement.

Brown was daft but he has played a lot of rugby and Cotter may feel that he's due a rest. When it comes to the home nations and France in the 6N, it's traditionally vs Italy where they may make changes and experiment anyway.

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It always feels like a slight anti-climax when we play Italy last (other than if we’ve lost every game until then). How well we’ve done is generally judged on other games, and even if we beat them comfortably tomorrow with a bonus point, it won’t eradicate the memory of the England game.

With respect, I'm not sure if I agree with that. Awful defeat but the tournament is played over 5 games not 1. We were perhaps a bit unlucky to have to settle for a losing bp in France and we've beaten Wales and an excellent Ireland side. People seem to have forgotten this suddenly.

We did beat wales n Ireland but in both matches we were badly off the pace for 40 mins. Happily both of them also had a poor 40 min each allowing us to get over the line. Would love us to have a full 80 min performance for a change. Still don't think the team has reached anywhere near it's full potential. Am worried about the impact that England game will have had on players mentally. I also feel dropping brown is a bit too much like scapegoating.

6 minutes ago, come on shire said:

With respect, I'm not sure if I agree with that. Awful defeat but the tournament is played over 5 games not 1. We were perhaps a bit unlucky to have to settle for a losing bp in France and we've beaten Wales and an excellent Ireland side. People seem to have forgotten this suddenly.

Don't get me wrong, we've had a more than decent tournament and if England and ourselves win tomorrow we'll finish at least 3rd in the table.

I was more meaning in terms of the feeling running up to the final game, as opposed to our overall performance. Maybe it's just too many years watching dreadful games between ourselves and Italy but we now have players who should at least keep it entertaining. 

Looks like a petty rap on the knuckles for Brown who I think has been good over the course of the championship but had a shocker in the England game, not just the late / tip tackle but some of his throwing was quite poor as well.

Im surprised though that everyone that came off with a head knocked that was deemed serious enough to not get back on the pitch has recovered for the game 

10 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I think if we beat Italy with a BP there is a very good chance we will finish second. A distant second miles behind England, but still a final position we'd have been very happy with at the start.