Rugby Union

kiwififer

Bennett is our for the Italy game. Hogg, Seymour and Wilson will need to pass HIA protocols to be available. Jones and Russell require knee scans and Richie Gray requires a scan to his hamstring. They don't think Taylor will be fit intime but Mainland is fit to play.

so....anyone going to murrayfield on sat should bring their bring their boots!! This isnt good but there's no pro 12 this weekend i believe so guys like ashe harley swinson toolis can cover forwards. As for backs weir could start if required, horne hoyland Kinghorn n even rory hughes could come in. For all that its a horrid injury list theres actually a decent pool of players in reserve. The worry would be that can so many new guys be integrated into the teams defensive n attacking plays in one week. That said we didnt seem to bother preparing that stuff for England so why worry. The injuries worry me less than the mental hangover from that beasting. Italy should have been a comfortable win but looks very tricky now. Whilst im not a massive fan of cotter and think hes had a pretty easy ride from the media (compared to predessors with far worse players to pick from) id not like him to leave with a 5th place finish.

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Was just about to post about this. They are going to be head and shoulders above anyone else if this goes through. Seemingly Racings new stadium being a much bigger capacity has triggered it. To be fair looks pretty smart,

http://www.christiandeportzamparc.com/en/projects/arena-stadium-92/

Also noticed Georgia's case for inclusion in the 6 Nations is growing, 55,000 in Tblisi to watch them beat Russia, with 4 wins from 4 in the REC with pretty much a development squad for most games

Was just about to post about this. They are going to be head and shoulders above anyone else if this goes through. Seemingly Racings new stadium being a much bigger capacity has triggered it. To be fair looks pretty smart,
http://www.christiandeportzamparc.com/en/projects/arena-stadium-92/
Also noticed Georgia's case for inclusion in the 6 Nations is growing, 55,000 in Tblisi to watch them beat Russia, with 4 wins from 4 in the REC with pretty much a development squad for most games

I always wonder how much of it is due to them liking rugby and how much of it is due to them hating Russia!

1 minute ago, jmothecat said:

I always wonder how much of it is due to them liking rugby and how much of it is due to them hating Russia!

I know someone who has said they would fill the stadium for anything if they knew going to beat Russia at it!!

That said they got good crowds in the Autumn v Japan and Samoa, and would sell out if they ever managed to get a Tier one country to play there

Saturday was absolutely horrendous (didn't watch the last half hour or so but I'm sure it was just as painful). No point dwelling on it though and time to concentrate on giving Cotter a good send off with a win v Italy. I'd bring Horne in if Hogg is out (I'd imagine he is). Hopefully the injured Glasgow contingent are back soon.

Any word on Hogg?
I thought if the ref dealt with it in pitch you couldn't be cited?

Nah, no word on Hogg's injury or the tackle by Itoje that caused it.

I didn't think you could take retrospective action if the ref dealt with it either, but apparently an independent panel has ruled it needs a further look as it could/should have been a red.

39 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Nah, no word on Hogg's injury or the tackle by Itoje that caused it.

I didn't think you could take retrospective action if the ref dealt with it either, but apparently an independent panel has ruled it needs a further look as it could/should have been a red.

It's actually been the case for a number of years that the citing commissioner can look at anything again. Finn Russell's ridiculous ban against Wales a couple of years ago when it was a yellow on the pitch would be a good example.

9 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I follow Stade as some of you may know (support Glasgow). I don't like this at all. It's like when Mercer tried to merge Hearts and Hibs but it's actually happening.

Mike Phillips (ex-Racing) said that Racing players were banned from living in certain parts of Paris by the Racing president because that was where the majority of Stade Francais players lived.

Fucking...f**k.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

16 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

It is getting reported in France that it is Racing buying out Stade Francais

Racing are the wealthier club. It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. Especially given that the Stade fans are the ones demonstrating.

*edit* and some of the players too it seems.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

I think the merger offers a great chance to (hopefully) bring the 2 sets of fans together to create a bigger club that can hopefully attract other new fans from Paris. A new club may appeal to young people getting into rugby, or sport in general, for the first time.

Let's keep in mind that the south of France (particularly the Basque south-east) is the real French rugby heartland. Paris, despite being a very cosmopolitan city, is utter footy daft unless the French rugby team are playing generally.

Let's see what happens before we knock it. 

I'm humoured by the imagination of a Rangers-Celtic merge in footy. A nuclear apocalypse would be a joy compared to that potential fallout lol.

Edited by come on shire

http://m.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Racing-92-stade-francais-juste-une-fusion-de-plus/785249

Article in L'Equipe pointing out that mergers aren't anything new

Including the snappily named "Union Stade Bordelais C.A. Bordeaux Bègles (USBCABBG)" a name that even fans of Inverness Caledonian Thistle will think is a bit much. It was later simplified to "Union Bordeaux-Bègles"

Racing Metro are themselves the product of a 2001 merger