Rugby Union

kiwififer

Glasgow looking very poor against ulster.

Anyone know why Favaro is leaving in the summer?

Not sure perhaps too many injuries and he's playing for Italy again. Think they are trying to strengthen the back up options for 6n n autumn games. Certainly been costly this season for Pro12. Losing today would virtually kill play off chances.

This is embarrassing. Plays offs gone. Let's win the champions cup and move on

Yep the back up players arent strong enough to cover losing the internationals. It's great having so many home grown players in squad but 4 or 5 top foreign guys are needed to keep the young guys on track for the 6n n autumn games. Eta need to make sure they don't drop out if top 6! Would be terrible to not make champions cup next season

28 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Yep the back up players arent strong enough to cover losing the internationals. It's great having so many home grown players in squad but 4 or 5 top foreign guys are needed to keep the young guys on track for the 6n n autumn games. Eta need to make sure they don't drop out if top 6! Would be terrible to not make champions cup next season

Yeah, the B team is so far below the standard required, it's painful to watch. They are clearly trying to take steps to remedy this for next season because this year has been awful, and as you say, there is a real chance these losses will cost us a place in the Champions Cup next season. 6th needs to be the minimum now, playoffs are gone.

It's very disappointing to be honest. People can complain about missing players, but it's the same for everyone. Pienaar was brilliant for Ulster today.

Yeah, the B team is so far below the standard required, it's painful to watch. They are clearly trying to take steps to remedy this for next season because this year has been awful, and as you say, there is a real chance these losses will cost us a place in the Champions Cup next season. 6th needs to be the minimum now, playoffs are gone.
It's very disappointing to be honest. People can complain about missing players, but it's the same for everyone. Pienaar was brilliant for Ulster today.

Piennar is a class act....wasted on their scummer fans. Yep 6th place and the Saracens game have to be the focus

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

I see no cause given for his death. Seems to be happening more and more to sports players. Is there long term effect to the suppliments/TUES they're taking? Or am I just being a bit too cynical?!

I see no cause given for his death. Seems to be happening more and more to sports players. Is there long term effect to the suppliments/TUES they're taking? Or am I just being a bit too cynical?!

It is hinted as suicide by some news outlets in Australia and New Zealand (from what I have read there is a law that stops news outlets from reporting it as a suicide) by placing numbers for suicide helplines at the end of the article

54 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

It is hinted as suicide by some news outlets in Australia and New Zealand (from what I have read there is a law that stops news outlets from reporting it as a suicide) by placing numbers for suicide helplines at the end of the article

Thanks. Had he suffered a lot of concussions during his career?

Was surprised by how bad Glasgow were yesterday, forwards off the pace defensively and I thought the team looked good as well. To me Pyrgos and Horne were especially off the pace

Horne can be forgiven for being rusty. Pyrgos though has gone backwards at a rate of knots. Not sure why tbh. Maybe he's lost confidence with price overtaking him but there's an argument to say George Horne should be starting ahead of him now.

According to today's Scotland on Sunday there are moves to add 1 American and 1 Canadian team to the Pro12 next year.

It would cease being a league and would divide into 2 pools of 7 teams - playing your own pool home-and-away, and the other pool 3/4 home and 3/4 away, for a total of 19 regular season games.

One team will be based in Toronto, playing occasionally in Vancouver, and the other in Houston (unless a proposed New York Irish are chosen instead).

Harlequins may buy one of these North American franchises.

Organisation will be renamed the Atlantic Championship.

Title playoffs will be arranged:

QFs... A2 v B3; B2 v A3
SFs... A1 v B2/A3; B1 v A2/B3
Final

25 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Harlequins may buy one of these North American franchises.

Hopefully it'd be more successful than their rugby league venture a few years back.

I wonder if Pro12 will look to see how the new rugby league team, Toronto Wolfpack, fare in the Kingstone Press League One this season and judge it from there. If they do well/if they're well received then they'll consider expanding.

As a side note, I'm interested to see how Toulouse Olympique do this season. Would like to see them play Catalans Dragons at some point. Big fan of French rugby although I follow Wigan in league and Glasgow in union. Watch out for Quins and Stade Francais results as well though. I'm also not a fan of Bradford Bulls remaining in the same league as last season despite going bust. I think they'll go down this season though.

*edit* punt Munster and Ulster in the same pool as the Canadian/American teams. It'd allow their idiot fans to continue their favourite pastime - playing the victims. Just make sure that neither Scottish team are in there.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen