Rugby Union

kiwififer

Don't think any side even at home will relish taking on this Glasgow side. Really hope the 2nd string boys can keep results going 6n. Have to say at beginning of season I thought there was no chance of Glasgow qualifying from this group. Really was a stinking draw.

Beating a team to nil, no matter the quality, is brilliant - especially away from home. Unbelievable.

Especially a marquee English side. The champions cup was structured to be heavily skewed in favour of English n french sides. Pro12 sides doing so well at the expense of better funded English sides will go down very badly indeed. Bound to be calls to get rid of salary caps down south / restrict qualifying slots further for Pro12.

Just now, dogmc said:

Especially a marquee English side. The champions cup was structured to be heavily skewed in favour of English n french sides. Pro12 sides doing so well at the expense of better funded English sides will go down very badly indeed. Bound to be calls to get rid of salary caps down south / restrict qualifying slots further for Pro12.

Especially with Edinburgh finishing top of their group in the Challenge Cup. Treviso have also won 2 games in their group. A Russian qualifier has won 2 games in their group too. There's also a chance that SF will  beat Quins tomorrow and qualify too (although I like Quins so it's a win-win situation for me). This is simply unacceptable! European rugby for the English (and the slightly less shite French teams)!

Glasgow probably won't get the credit they deserve for this, with Leicester already being out, and having no coach, etc, but that was massive. We doled out a humping that nobody expected. Should be no fear going into the QF, Glasgow are a very good team.

Leicester are a team in disarray with no permanent gaffer. However, they were playing for pride especially since not losing a European home game since 2006. It was their strongest side with 3 lions starting. They also recently beat the mighty Munster at home.

I was at the game. To be frank, it was frightening how terrible the Tigers were. However, we were clinical and snuffed them out at every opportunity.

Great display from the guys. Been up since 5am for the flight down so having an early night. My TV in the hotel room doesn't work at all but I'm too delighted to care.

Tremendous night. Great support down there and a great venue. What a performance, we doled out a shoeing. 

You actually felt a tad bad cheering towards the end as you saw Leicester fans having such a miserable time- felt like kicking a man already down. A good number stayed right to the end as well, and were decent chat in the pubs too. 

IMG_20170121_192419.jpg

30 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

By my reckoning based on the assumption that Wasps beat Zebre. A Connacht win puts Glasgow against Munster and a defeat makes it Saracens

Who would you rather get? Think I'd like to play Saracens. 

By my reckoning based on the assumption that Wasps beat Zebre. A Connacht win puts Glasgow against Munster and a defeat makes it Saracens

Not as simple as that tbh.
A tolouse win with bonus means munster as does a connaught losing bonus point if less than 1-5 between them. A tolouse win without bonus 4 0 would mean saracens