Rugby Union

kiwififer

Im hoping they can get enough teams to either set up a 2nd division or set up 2 conferences. Another Scottish team, Georgian, Romanian, US, Canada, then potentially a Spanish, German, Belgian, Dutch. Just a pity that the best Russian teams are Krasy Yar and Einsei as there is no way a Siberian team is feasbile

That's a good looking plan imo.....

Anyone have experience of buying tickets for Twickenham in the Six Nations? Would it be very difficult to get tickets for the Scotland game?

My pal (English - WBA fan - living up here at the mo) found tickets for the England v Scotland game for £100. It's my daughter's birthday then so no can do. Point being, they were going for £100 for a pair.

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

My pal (English - WBA fan - living up here at the mo) found tickets for the England v Scotland game for £100. It's my daughter's birthday then so no can do. Point being, they were going for £100 for a pair.

I didn't realise they were already on sale!

8 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

It's a nightmare to get tickets for Twickenham. Do Scottish rugby clubs still get an allocation? I know someone who got tickets for Cardiff via his old RFC.

Yeah, they do. That's how I usually get mine. 

What pleased me about Boxing Day was how we didn't play excellent but our workrate and attitude was spot on. I was pleased with how we fronted up in bad weather and how we coped being on the wrong side of the ref in the 1st half and how good our defence was with 14 men.

Until right at the end Edinburgh never looked like scoring a try. It would have been nice to get the bonus point but after the Autumn Test league games I'm just delighted to see Glasgow winning. Also, Edinburgh were always going  to raise their game and make it stuffy. 

What I noticed though was how ordinary Edinburgh were. Gilchrist got in about us but that's really about it. Ben Toolis is no Jonny or Swino and Cornell du Preez is no Strauss. The few internationalists they have do raise their game for Scotland which is great but they'll have to get their act together if they want into the Champs Cup next season. Moving to Myreside MAY help. Hopefully it won't be like taking out a membership at a new library.

As for us we should really be aiming at 5 points in Treviso and a win at home to Cardiff next Sat if we want to stay aiming for the play-offs before Europe again. Europe is HUGE for us but the Pro12 is the bread and butter.

I just can't see Glasgow or Scotland compromising their game to accommodate something the Lions might do in midweek games. Also I imagine if selected Hogg would want to go as full back and not cover at 10.

They did precisely that 4 yrs ago played hogg at ten at request of lions in a cpl pro 12 games. The sru are notorious for being spineles so it wouldn't surprise me at all. Glasgow are ultimately answerable to sru so could in theory be overruled. Clegg might not be great but it's treviso and he's a natural ten....and to be fair hogg would probably benefit from a break too.

Eta apart from those cpl of Glasgow games n the lions cameos FOUR years ago hogg hasn't played 10 since a few fleeting appearances at school. Really hope this doesn't come back to bite Glasgow. Its been a rough season n would have thought it would be far better to give clegg a run out given 6n isnt far away.

It's getting reported that Hogg is starting at 10. As they want him to get game time in thar position as he will be getting used as the backup 10(and starring at 15) in the bigger games now that Murchie is back