Darts...

Sideshow

7 hours ago, gavin_3110 said:

Think that was his tune previously and changed for whatever reason.

Either that or I dreamt it.

Aye you are spot on mate he used that when he first got the nickname. Think he only changed it at the worlds. 

He had a poll on twitter looking for a nickname im sure. Bad crack thats the best they could come up with. 

Edited by diamond_for_life

On 02/01/2018 at 15:31, ayrmad said:

Once Rob Cross thinks/knows he's the best I think he'll break MVG's heart very regularly, I can't remember anyone even coming close to playing at such a consistently high level week in week out so early in their pro career.

He already seems to know how good he is. Takes some amount of confidence to go onto a stage as big as that, and pull out that level of performance. He beat the best in the world right now and the best ever in consecutive rounds, and showed some incredible nerve under pressure in doing so in the MVG match.

I'd say if there was any doubt in his mind, it's long gone at this point.

7 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

He already seems to know how good he is. Takes some amount of confidence to go onto a stage as big as that, and pull out that level of performance. He beat the best in the world right now and the best ever in consecutive rounds, and showed some incredible nerve under pressure in doing so in the MVG match.

I'd say if there was any doubt in his mind, it's long gone at this point.

I think he can go a level higher than he is now.

I've never really been into darts but that world championship has me fucking hooked. Not got a sky subscription, but that's tipping me close to going for it when the Premier League kicks off and obviously with the football too.

On 1/3/2018 at 16:39, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd go for "No Gimmicks" Rob Cross. Shows he means business.

is Lakeside on BT and BBC again? I only recognised a handful of names when I looked up the draw. Hope Durrant wins and comes across to the PDC.

Said some nonsense about not going PDC because he won't play for a tour card. Unless he changes that stance, he won't be on PDC. Shame really. Adds talent to a field below the best which is looking quite scarce at the minute.

I’ve no idea if it is still the case but the BDO used to put a ban on players who went to Q School and failed to get a tour card. 

To me it was silly as they may have had a good few “better” standard players give it a go. Think it was their way to try and force the “top” guys they had to stay. 

Maybe shows the lack of confidence players have in their ability that they are not prepared to take the gamble. Whether good enough or not guys like O’Shea, Fitton, Phillips and the likes would have needed a guaranteed card for a few years to even dream of trying the PDC especially after they saw how Hankey floundered. 

O’Shea told us a few years back between exhibitions and his BDO money he was one of a handful of “full time” BDO guys so no way would he want to jeopardise that. Don’t know if that can be classed as a lack of ambition when he is happily providing well for his family I can see his point. 

On 04/01/2018 at 00:39, Ludo*1 said:

I've never really been into darts but that world championship has me fucking hooked. Not got a sky subscription, but that's tipping me close to going for it when the Premier League kicks off and obviously with the football too.

Darts is great, welcome aboard.

18 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Said some nonsense about not going PDC because he won't play for a tour card. Unless he changes that stance, he won't be on PDC. Shame really. Adds talent to a field below the best which is looking quite scarce at the minute.

What a shitebag.

I think Durrant is quite successful off the oche financially. Remember reading he is in property development. Few players have came out this week slating the structure of the BDO even stalwarts like Ross Montgomery. 

Menzies has already said he is planning for q school, could be an exodus since Barry Hearn  scrapped entry fees for some events next year.

Also a further increase in prize money for next years worlds with a staggering half a million pounds for the winner.  

16 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

I think Durrant is quite successful off the oche financially. Remember reading he is in property development. Few players have came out this week slating the structure of the BDO even stalwarts like Ross Montgomery. 

Menzies has already said he is planning for q school, could be an exodus since Barry Hearn  scrapped entry fees for some events next year.

Also a further increase in prize money for next years worlds with a staggering half a million pounds for the winner.  

Aye, they're ramping it up next year. More prize money and a change in the format to fit in more players.