Darts...

Sideshow

Whitlock has always given me the heebee jeebees to look at and I thought Gurney was alright but after tonight's antics, I really want Simon to win. What a moody, surly moron Gurney has outed himself as. His only redeeming feature is the fact that his sister is a bit of a wid for me.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

What on earth is this fucking idiot Gurney all about with his antics at the end of set 4?

Does he think he's some sort of hard man? 

Never watched the final as i cant stand Gurney or Whitlock what happened?

46 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

He turned to celebrate towards the crowd at levelling at 2-2 but sort of did it by firstly barging through Whitlock and then made a few pulling-away aggressive motions in his direction like Whitlock was impeding him. Whitlock was looking at his flights at the time and then looked up totally confused as to WTF was going on.

That and his general demeanour just smacks of horrible b*****d. He's a complete arsehole who must genuinely think he's a ticket.

50 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

As Gurney walked by him at the end of the set he done a sort of shoulder barge motion towards Whitlock. Apparently the powers that be gave him a warning for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Nicholson doing a Neil Lennon about the qualifiers. Suggestion is that the PDC have used qualifying criteria that wasn't made clear at the start of the season.

Interesting that Jeff Smith has made it. Assume he'll make the jump from the BDO.

The PDC have pulled a seedy trick to get Smith and Ratajski to alexandra palace for sure. They have essentially been given wildcards. Smith has 'qualified' as the highest ranking Canadian ?  something that i was unaware of being a criteria for qualifying. The ratajski case is even more clear, he had played in a qualifier (eastern european) and been beat in the semis therefore barring him from competing in any other qualifying event. Granted he could have got prize money in the upcoming  events before the world's but that must be unlikely.

Ratajski turned down the chance to go to lakeside, where presumably he would have been one of the favourites and a genuine contender. I would find it hard to believe he done so without some sort of agreement that he would be at the PDC worlds whatever happened.

Appears to me more a move to weaken the quality and devalue lakeside, smith a previous finalist and ratajski just won the masters.