Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

Anyone have any idea where the best place to get fitted for irons is? It's finally come to the time to get a new set and dunno if I would be better getting fitted or just buying?

I would still argue that a good club PGA pro is the best option. The main negative there is you might be limited in what brands they have access to, as opposed to somewhere like Affordable or AG, although quite a few of them now will pass you on to one of their mates if they can't provide the brand you want.

27 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

Anyone have any idea where the best place to get fitted for irons is? It's finally come to the time to get a new set and dunno if I would be better getting fitted or just buying?

Titleist centre at Craigielaw has always been good for me but obviously limits you to titleist. You pay for the fitting so there is no pressure to buy anything at time 

If you're in the Fife area, Wellsgreen use PGA-certified pros and stock pretty much every major manufacturer that you'd need - I found comparing different brands to be most instructive. Good service there, too.

7 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Where are you? Most of the ‘big brands’ have regional centres. Id recommend asking your pro if they have any fitting days coming up, Titleist and Taylormade had fitting days at Gleneagles last year, free full fitting, lunch, goodie bag and round of golf, things like this are the premium experience, but happens on only a few dates a year. Besides that Scottsdale do fit build play at golf it, where they will take you through loads of brands and spec fit you and build it whilst you are there for a custom fit thats pretty cool. 

13 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Where are you? Most of the ‘big brands’ have regional centres. Id recommend asking your pro if they have any fitting days coming up, Titleist and Taylormade had fitting days at Gleneagles last year, free full fitting, lunch, goodie bag and round of golf, things like this are the premium experience, but happens on only a few dates a year. Besides that Scottsdale do fit build play at golf it, where they will take you through loads of brands and spec fit you and build it whilst you are there for a custom fit thats pretty cool. 

in Dunfermline so pretty central to everywhere. Will give Scottsdale a look, cheers

Really frustrating day yesterday - lovely conditions, sitting on +4 after 11 holes, putting really nicely.

Then proceeded to double bogey 5 of the last 7 holes, mainly caused by poor chipping around the greens. For some reasons, whichever wedge I used kept sliding right under the ball despite the turf being pretty firm. To keep making the same mistake time after time was infuriating when on a really nice score. Grrrr.

Still, at least I couldn't complain about the weather 🙄

Scheffler is obviously doing ridiculous things at the moment, which has made it easy to miss that Nelly Korda is doing exactly the same on the LPGA.

She leads by 4 with 8 to go as she attempts to win her 5th tournament in a row. She missed the green at 10, but chipped in for birdie on what has been the hardest hole of the week

Been absolutely splendid the last few evenings managed at least 13 holes before I've called it an evening,swings all over the shop but it's getting there for that one good round that will encourage me to keep going back 

My putting has been all over the place so far this year. 44 putts a couple of weeks ago, 40 yesterday - all while managing to make 50% greens in reg. Had a four stab yesterday having put it on the green with a 210 yard five wood. Just ridiculous stuff. Practice required.