Golfers Thread

Gaz

They all seem pretty sensible - the one on lost ball or OB, especially combined with 3 mins instead of 5, will make a huge difference in pace of play in club comps too.

The only one I don't really like is being able to leave the flag in on the green, but I do that when I head out on my own anyway so can't really complain!

15 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
16 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
Bay Hill this week.
He's definitely in with a shout there.

Forgot that was up next. Tiger must be a good each way bet. Not a sentence I thought I'd ever say again.

He's 11/2 favourite. Jason day 2nd favourite at 12/1 (bet 365) 

The 149 ranked player in the world is now favourite for the masters with quite a few bookmakers.

Would love to see him win it, would surely be one of sports greatest ever comebacks. This man creates a buzz around golf that no other current pro can come close to.

2 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

The 149 ranked player in the world is now favourite for the masters with quite a few bookmakers.

Would love to see him win it, would surely be one of sports greatest ever comebacks. This man creates a buzz around golf that no other current pro can come close to.

Tiger wasn't sharp with his lrons last week and nearly won.    I suspect he'll go well this week and will have an excellent masters.    Doesn't mean he'll win, but I understand the bookies reaction, and Tiger looks right for the first time in a decade.    It's great for golf! 

Tiger 5 off the lead going into the final round at Bay Hill tomorrow, Stenson on -12, McIlroy 2 off the lead and Rose having another good week at -9.

Saw on Twitter that the Masters have now put the final round of the last 50 years at Augusta on their YouTube channel. Will have to rewatch Jack in 86 and Sandy Lyle in 88.

https://www.youtube.com/user/masters

13 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Tiger 5 off the lead going into the final round at Bay Hill tomorrow, Stenson on -12, McIlroy 2 off the lead and Rose having another good week at -9.

Saw on Twitter that the Masters have now put the final round of the last 50 years at Augusta on their YouTube channel. Will have to rewatch Jack in 86 and Sandy Lyle in 88.

https://www.youtube.com/user/masters

Thanks for posting. Just watched Sandy`s win. Couple of highlights for me. The obvious one re the bunker shot at 18 and also Gary McCord`s tash :lol:

Langer`s pace of play was such that he might still be out there!

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Thanks for posting. Just watched Sandy`s win. Couple of highlights for me. The obvious one re the bunker shot at 18 and also [name removed]`s tash :lol:

Langer`s pace of play was such that he might still be out there!

Edited on behalf of the Augusta National GC.

Good to see Tiger getting back to form, but coverage when he competes does my head in. It’s like he’s the only golfer out there at times. ‘Tiger-cam’.

Yep, much preferred watching it without him tbh.

That was one of Rory's best ever rounds, if all these guys can carry that form into Augusta in 3 weeks time it's going to be s cracker.

At least on current form Tiger has some relevance to the tournament. It was much worse before his injury when he was hacking his way round 15 shots off the lead and we were still subjected to every shot.

As for Rory, when he gets going like that I don't think anyone can live with him. It's been a couple of years since he's hit that level of performance but if he can keep it going for a few weeks he'll get his career slam.