Golfers Thread

Gaz

I smashed my previous best score at one of my local clubs a couple of days ago (previous best 78 this round a two over par 73). 
I don't really know how it happened, but want more of the same please.  :thumsup2
Superb, a good start to the year

• 2 weeks later...

Having sharpened up my chipping and putting with lessons, I've been on fire lately:

On Sunday I was 4 up with 4 to play before the inter-club competition was abandoned due to rain / flooding.  We have to replay.

Yesterday from a field of 52, I had the lowest gross 76 (5 over par) and the highest stableford at 41 points.  :thumsup2
Won myself $20 and 4 balls.  

Having sharpened up my chipping and putting with lessons, I've been on fire lately:

On Sunday I was 4 up with 4 to play before the inter-club competition was abandoned due to rain / flooding.  We have to replay.

Yesterday from a field of 52, I had the lowest gross 76 (5 over par) and the highest stableford at 41 points.  :thumsup2

Enjoy it before the handicap comes down!

On 2/12/2018 at 23:10, expatowner said:

Some great shooting lately. Well played.

How`s the handicap looking?

On 2/20/2018 at 02:45, expatowner said:

Here I am with my balls out! :unsure:
Nearest the pin, lowest Gross and high Stableford all won me some balls.
AND I won The Waiuku Cup!

Fame, fortune and celebrity status here I come. 8)

Excellent stuff.

image.jpeg.97b699080a958c18fc4b35b56e017196.jpeg

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

• 2 weeks later...

Good win for Mickelson, I know he's known as FIGJAM but a lot of the younger American guys don't come across very well. That Hatton is an absolute bellend as well but I can see him being a Poulter type player in the Ryder Cup.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Mickelson wins at the first hole. An outside bet for Augusta?

He'll be a terrible value bet at Augusta because of his name (see also Woods, T)  but, yeah, the form he's in at a course he can play blindfolded he's in with a chance, would be oldest ever major winner if he does.

Most gutting thing for me today is I was on Sharma at 200/1 e/w before the tournament, was hoping he would at least get the T5 but he ran out of gas. He won't be 200/1 again for a long time.

edit: Mickelson is down to 14/1 for the Masters, I'm sure he was 33/1 if not this week then last. Woods is 20/1 (ahead of Bubba, Fleetwood, Garcia, Noren, and loads of others)

Edited by Fuctifano

Tiger comes up one short as Paul Casey wins over on the US tour. I must admit his return has gone much better than I expected.
Me too, didn't think he would he all that competitive but he's not been far away a couple of times now.

They weren't the only old heads near the top of the leaderboard this week with Rose, Furyk and Garcia all in contention too.

Me too, didn't think he would he all that competitive but he's not been far away a couple of times now.

They weren't the only old heads near the top of the leaderboard this week with Rose, Furyk and Garcia all in contention too.
He certainly looks like he'll win again if he remains healthy. If he can win another major it'll be one of the great comebacks. On the right track eg a St Andrews or Augusta he's definitely got a chance if he's firing on all cylinders.