Golfers Thread

Gaz

USPGA to be moved to May instead of August from 2019. Also being moved is the Players Championship from May to March and the European Tour's BMW PGA Championship from May to September.

Means the calendar will look something like this:

March: Players

April: Masters

May: USPGA

June: US Open

July: The Open

August: FedEx playoffs

September: PGA at Wentworth

Big driving force behind the change is that the USPGA want to have their playoffs out the way before the NFL season starts, they overlap at the moment. Also avoids any clashes with the Olympics.

Means the calendar will look something like this:

March: Players
April: Masters
May: USPGA
June: US Open
July: The Open
August: FedEx playoffs
September: PGA at Wentworth

Big driving force behind the change is that the USPGA want to have their playoffs out the way before the NFL season starts, they overlap at the moment. Also avoids any clashes with the Olympics.

Also something to do with the Olympics apparently

Played in Wednesday sweep this evening. Out in level par 35 with 3 bogeys, 3 pars and 3 birdies. First time I`ve ever had 3 birdies in 9 holes.

Managed a decent enough back 9 of 41 (5 over) for 76-8 for a net 68. One 3 putt for a double bogey 5 on 15th but kept it together to play last 3 holes in 1 over.

CSS looked like being 73 so should be cut to 7.0. Lowest I`ve ever been is 6.8 so absolutely delighted. :P

Played in Wednesday sweep this evening. Out in level par 35 with 3 bogeys, 3 pars and 3 birdies. First time I`ve ever had 3 birdies in 9 holes.
Managed a decent enough back 9 of 41 (5 over) for 76-8 for a net 68. One 3 putt for a double bogey 5 on 15th but kept it together to play last 3 holes in 1 over.
CSS looked like being 73 so should be cut to 7.0. Lowest I`ve ever been is 6.8 so absolutely delighted. [emoji14]

Fantastic.. well done matr

My excellent golf continued today, for 9 holes!

Out in 36 and back in 44 for net 73 (CSS 72) so remain on 7.0.

Actually hit the ball OK on the back 9 but 3 putts for a bogey on 13th followed by 4 putts for a double on 14 was a bit of a pisser.:lol:

It`s a 2 round competition so playing again tomorrow. 

CSS looked like being 73 so should be cut to 7.0. Lowest I`ve ever been is 6.8 so absolutely delighted. [emoji14]

Good shooting!

Just watching the Solheim Cup.
Some brilliant stuff.  Couple of the European team just did 18 holes in the 4 ball in 8 under and never looked like winning. 

Yank team is far stronger than Europe and first session apart it's been very apparent. A South Korean team would leather both of them.

Played 9 last night after work. Got my driving back hitting it sweet, long iron and recoverys were great also, 9 pw and sw into greens hitting it fine but for some reason too short last night. Probably wind but couldn't get distance right :lol:

In summary hitting ball well thot I played well but didn't score as well; 8 over for 9. Not my best but happy with striking