Official P&b Cycling Thread

1 hour ago, PB 4.2 said:

Telling that the cycling community are happy to turn a blind eye to such outrageous criminality.   Behaviour that's unfortunately consistent with previous cases where denial, and false accusations become popular methods when defending the criminal acts of cyclists.

The C.A.S.T team have been distributing our 2018 Big Cycling Attitutes Surveys.   End of the month until we have full results to share.    

I do hope we get to read your made up survey? Where is it being distributed?

3 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

F2FF3B07-EEFA-4710-8F7D-BA947FA63A77.gif.2eedfaec160c447ef0019d8a9ac545f9.gif

IIRC Father Dougal McGuire tried to give up the demon Rollerskates for Lent. Perhaps you should repentance by handing in your pedals for Lent?    Raise funds for some awful charity like 'Help the aged' and lower your blood pressure. 

3 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

I do hope we get to read your made up survey? Where is it being distributed?

Datasets won't be available for category 3 & 5 offenders.   The integrity of the survey is sacrosanct.  

2 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

IIRC Father Dougal McGuire tried to give up the demon Rollerskates for Lent. Perhaps you should repentance by handing in your pedals for Lent?    Raise funds for some awful charity like 'Help the aged' 

Good idea

I’ll gladly do this and donate to support the victims of the CAST creepy stalker.

35 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

IIRC Father Dougal McGuire tried to give up the demon Rollerskates for Lent. Perhaps you should repentance by handing in your pedals for Lent?    Raise funds for some awful charity like 'Help the aged' and lower your blood pressure. 

Datasets won't be available for category 3 & 5 offenders.   The integrity of the survey is sacrosanct.  

So therefore your survey is as valid as it would be if I used your questions in discussions with a group of cyclists. There is no integrity if you only pick subjects who agree with your position.

Edited by statts1976uk

1 hour ago, statts1976uk said:

So therefore your survey is as valid as it would be if I used your questions in discussions with a group of cyclists. There is no integrity if you only pick subjects who agree with your position.

No.  Quite the opposite is true.   

We survey random members of the public and weigh by housing status to ensure cyclists are appropriately represented.   

The very reason you cannot be privy to our survey dates and location is to preserve the accuracy it's returns.   Plus we can't be arsed with vigilante groups - with a track record for mindless thuggery - disrupting our work.   

As always we'll publish finding on here when the data has been returned, weighted and analysed.  

Edited by PB 4.2

3 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

No.  Quite the opposite is true.   

We survey random members of the public and weigh by housing status to ensure cyclists are appropriately represented.   

The very reason you cannot be privy to our survey dates and location is to preserve the accuracy it's returns.   Plus we can't be arsed with vigilante groups - with a track record for mindless thuggery - disrupting our work.   

As always we'll purchase finding on here when the data has been returned, weighted and analysed.  

I am interested from an academic point of view as last year I was ask to carry out a survey of fatigue management in UK MROs and had to set questions and sift through over 8,500 data points from industry professionals (If most passengers understood the difference in work patterns between engineers and pilots they would not board an aircraft!).

Are you using Probability or Non-Probability in your sampling design? I’ll let you have some time to google it but you’ll find Crossman’s work in this field very enlightening.

I suppose the easiest question to ask is whether you are using Qualitative, Quantitative or mixed method, what is your degree of precision likely to be, how will this affect your categorical or quantifiable data? Google Diamantopoulos and Schlegelmilch to help you.

My concern is that your last set of results were so wildly out of sync with other similar surveys that makes me think either you don’t understand how to carry out a survey or you just made it up.

Edited by statts1976uk

5 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

I am interested from an academic point of view as last year I was ask to carry out a survey of fatigue management in UK MROs and had to set questions and sift through over 8,500 data points from industry professionals (If most passengers understood the difference in work patterns between engineers and pilots they would not board an aircraft!).

Are you using Probability or Non-Probability in your sampling design? I’ll let you have some time to google it but you’ll find Crossman’s work in this field very enlightening.

I suppose the easiest question to ask is whether you are using Qualitative, Quantitative or mixed method, what is your degree of precision likely to be, how will this affect your categorical or quantifiable data? Google Diamantopoulos and Schlegelmilch to help you.

My concern is that your last set of results were so wildly out of sync with other similar surveys that makes me think either you don’t understand how to carry out a survey or you just made it up.

Sadly for you,  I don't take follow up questions from aggressive cyclists ( in your case a Cat. 3)  who's sole intention is to hijack and distort our 2018 Survey results, 

But, tbh, I didn't think you were capable of such a dreadful response.   You've typed that purely to gainsay the validity of my organisation's study, and to present the whiff of superiority which Glaswegians are getting pillared from in another thread.    

The C.A.S.T team may strive for NGO or charity Status.   Perhaps then we'll employ one of the BPC big 6 to carry out our research.   In the interim we are a team consisting of only 20-25 ( or if you prefer a pack of cuntin Cyclists delaying traffic for normal folk).     As previously stated to you, all our additional funding will be used for advertising and to fund anyone who wishes to make a criminal complaint against a cyclist ( like the case where UTN  admitted he verbally abused a normal person).    

Terms like Qualitative, Quantitative methods brings me back to my uni days.   Believe I did modules on both.    

Absolutely no idea who the Greek sounding chap is but I won't google.    

TBH I wouldn't take on the whiff of superiority if:  

1)  I was employed ( snigger)  
2)  I owned a bike ( snigger)  
3)  I was asked to carry out a survey on fatigue management ( snigger)  
4)  I gave my bikes pet names ( snigger)  

Still.   Can't wait for the Leslie bike sale!  Should be a cracker!

Edited by PB 4.2

1 hour ago, PB 4.2 said:

Sadly for you,  I don't take follow up questions from aggressive cyclists ( in your case a Cat. 3)  who's sole intention is to hijack and distort our 2018 Survey results, 

But, tbh, I didn't think you were capable of such a dreadful response.   You've typed that purely to gainsay the validity of my organisation's study, and to present the whiff of superiority which Glaswegians are getting pillared from in another thread.    

The C.A.S.T team may strive for NGO or charity Status.   Perhaps then we'll employ one of the BPC big 6 to carry out our research.   In the interim we are a team consisting of only 20-25 ( or if you prefer a pack of cuntin Cyclists delaying traffic for normal folk).     As previously stated to you, all our additional funding will be used for advertising and to fund anyone who wishes to make a criminal complaint against a cyclist ( like the case where UTN  admitted he verbally abused a normal person).    

Terms like Qualitative, Quantitative methods brings me back to my uni days.   Believe I did modules on both.    

You drive a KIA mate.

8 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

I would have thought that you’re friend Humza would have sorted you out.

For such an important pressure group I’m amazed that you have no online presence, this appears to be your only outlet.

Your time at university was that as part of the caretaking staff? I didn’t realise you needed a higher education to sell PPI advice on the street?

Maybe you can explain why your results are so different to ever other survey, that is what I am trying to get at. Your reluctance to answer questions shows how real the survey is.

Anyway Partridge, I’m going to pop off to do some work for the day while I leave you to head off to Gleneagles to scour the course for stray golf balls to sell on eBay to pay for the house you claimed to own but was exposed as a lie!

Edited by statts1976uk

I’m disappointed @PB 4.2 only 8 red dots last night , surely you should be trying to emulate your record of 23.

I’m assuming you were way too busy to do more , either preparing your fictitious survey , or more than likely watching numerous re runs of you illegal videos of young women on bikes 

Come come man , must do better 

Edited by Unleash The Nade

1 hour ago, statts1976uk said:

For such an important pressure group I’m amazed that you have no online presence, this appears to be your only outlet.

Your time at university was that as part of the caretaking staff? I didn’t realise you needed a higher education to sell PPI advice on the street?

Once again you actions validate our decisions.   Our survey's cost nothing more than the price of a clipboard and a breakfast roll.   Online platforms attract 'overheads & dickheads'.   

I had hoped you'd have welcomed the news we're surveying; instead you've reached near aneurysm levels of rage, and have been dealing with your problems using denial and whataboutery.    

We will never act in a kowtowing manner, but frankly we can't be arsed with the reactions of folk like yourself (and you're only a cat 3) and others who wish to suppress frèe speech and abhor road safety.   That's why we're predominantly offline.   We won't be naming the towns we're data collecting in this year to reduce the risk to a verbal/physical alteration and hospitalization. 

17 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Once again you actions validate our decisions.   Our survey's cost nothing more than the price of a clipboard and a breakfast roll.   Online platforms attract 'overheads & dickheads'.   

I had hoped you'd have welcomed the news we're surveying; instead you've reached near aneurysm levels of rage, and have been dealing with your problems using denial and whataboutery.    

We will never act in a kowtowing manner, but frankly we can't be arsed with the reactions of folk like yourself (and you're only a cat 3) and others who wish to suppress frèe speech and abhor road safety.   That's why we're predominantly offline.   We won't be naming the towns we're data collecting in this year to reduce the risk to a verbal/physical alteration and hospitalization. 

You are correct, online platforms do attract “overheads and dickheads” . Admission of your problem is the first step of recovery. 

Well done of taking the first step, we are all here to help you!

Nice ride out today, just over two hours this morning and 39 miles, not overly pushing but felt good.

I see the resident “overhead and dickhead” has been stalking me again! I suppose it’s better that he is stalking me than taking covert videos of people, young and old, going about their daily business for whatever reason that keeps him going.

IMG_5534.JPG

Edited by statts1976uk

Have reported PB for trolling this thread so hopefully we won't see him in this particular topic again.

I've been back out on the bike again the last couple of weeks.  I am doing a 250 mile cycle across 5 different countries in Europe in 5 days this August.  I'm going solo on this one to raise money for the Beatson charity.  I didn't do any charity cycling last year with the wee one being born but I'm getting back on it this year.

On another point - has anyone got this Zwift app/thing?  I saw on Strava today that it was the UK Championships and there were a few hundred people all racing with each other - virtually.   Thought it looked good although I won't be looking to get involved as I think I would just avoid cycling outside ever again.

Image result for zwift uk championship

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Have reported PB for trolling this thread so hopefully we won't see him in this particular topic again.

I've been back out on the bike again the last couple of weeks.  I am doing a 250 mile cycle across 5 different countries in Europe in 5 days this August.  I'm going solo on this one to raise money for the Beatson charity.  I didn't do any charity cycling last year with the wee one being born but I'm getting back on it this year.

On another point - has anyone got this Zwift app/thing?  I saw on Strava today that it was the UK Championships and there were a few hundred people all racing with each other - virtually.   Thought it looked good although I won't be looking to get involved as I think I would just avoid cycling outside ever again.

Image result for zwift uk championship

I’ve been using BKool as I had a voucher for a years subscription but Zwift looks like it could replace that when the year is over.