Official P&b Cycling Thread

10 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

Might have to see if Leslie Bike Shop stocks this mod!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1592050/Cyclist-extreme-road-rage-unseats-biker-throwing-fireworks.html

(massive apologies for use of the Daily Mail!)

Could come in handy 

12 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1592050/Cyclist-extreme-road-rage-unseats-biker-throwing-fireworks.html

It's violent character's like yourself which make me proud of C.A.S.T and all the lives we save.   

12 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

Were they pretending that that was real and the motorised gentlemen forgot they could just speed away? Italians eh!

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Were they pretending that that was real and the motorised gentlemen forgot they could just speed away? Italians eh!

Definitely staged for YouTube and Facebook likes but quite entertaining nonetheless for the faux rage of the likes of PB!

4 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Out on the road bike for the first time in a few weeks.

Amazing how quickly the fitness goes

Only 43 miles but a few tough climbs and freezing by the end.

It was a nice fresh morning for it today, unfortunately my bike needed a good clean afterwards but it was worth it.

22 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

Definitely staged for YouTube and Facebook likes but quite entertaining nonetheless for the faux rage of the likes of PB!

Such a rude man! 

I knew you were a wrong-un from the moment we found out you had names for your bikes.    But I suspect your callous approach to life extends beyond threats of violence and mindless thuggery.   You strike me as the sort of cyclist who would intentionally take lunch by the riverbank to feed used inner-tubes to geese.   

I'm updating the database and moving you to a category 3 (attack likely) cyclist.     Our third highest level.   

1 hour ago, statts1976uk said:

It was a nice fresh morning for it today, unfortunately my bike needed a good clean afterwards but it was worth it.

I'm sure your bike enjoyed it as much as you did, no need to feel guilty.

58 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Such a rude man! 

I knew you were a wrong-un from the moment we found out you had names for your bikes.    But I suspect your callous approach to life extends beyond threats of violence and mindless thuggery.   You strike me as the sort of cyclist who would intentionally take lunch by the riverbank to feed used inner-tubes to geese.   

I'm updating the database and moving you to a category 3 (attack likely) cyclist.     Our third highest level.   

Oh no please don’t, I promise I’ll be good! I hope you’ll not be adding videos of me to your questionable collection! Will you also be sending a file to your good friend Humza Yousaf?

46 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

Oh no please don’t, I promise I’ll be good! I hope you’ll not be adding videos of me to your questionable collection! Will you also be sending a file to your good friend Humza Yousaf?

It’s both sad and creepy when the only thrills you have in life is stalking strangers on an Internet forum , giving red dots ( as if it really matters ) and making up some fantasty organisation with fictitious stories .

Like I’ve said before , he’s a pitiful specimen who obviously has a sad and very lonely existence and this is his pathetic way of seeking attention.

7 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

It’s both sad and creepy when the only thrills you have in life is stalking strangers on an Internet forum , giving red dots ( as if it really matters ) and making up some fantasty organisation with fictitious stories .

Like I’ve said before , he’s a pitiful specimen who obviously has a sad and very lonely existence and this is his pathetic way of seeking attention.

I wonder what I would have to do to get put up to the highest category? Maybe if I tell him I was doing 25mph in a 20 zone I might be even more of a public enemy!

• 2 weeks later...

My son’s birthday is coming up soon and he’s been after this since he saw it at the Leslie Bike Shop Demo day. Went in to see Andy at the weekend and got a brilliant deal on it, hopefully this is the start of him loving road biking as well as off road. Still no Bianchi Aria for me yet.

IMG_5412.JPG

6 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

My son’s birthday is coming up soon and he’s been after this since he saw it at the Leslie Bike Shop Demo day. Went in to see Andy at the weekend and got a brilliant deal on it, hopefully this is the start of him loving road biking as well as off road. Still no Bianchi Aria for me yet.

IMG_5412.JPG

Exactly the same as my first proper road bike.

I hope your son enjoys it and gets the road cycling bug.

Tbh time you bit the bullet and bought that Bianchi.

10 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Exactly the same as my first proper road bike.

I hope your son enjoys it and gets the road cycling bug.

Tbh time you bit the bullet and bought that Bianchi.

I know I should but I’ll get distracted and buy something else! I had a go of a fat bike at the weekend in the snow and mud and had a blast on it. I don’t think I would buy one though as I wouldn’t really use it a lot.

On 14/01/2018 at 22:00, PB 4.2 said:

Such a rude man! 

cyclist-race-push-crash-throws-off-bridg

On 23/01/2018 at 14:38, statts1976uk said:

I know I should but I’ll get distracted and buy something else! I had a go of a fat bike at the weekend in the snow and mud and had a blast on it. I don’t think I would buy one though as I wouldn’t really use it a lot.

20171229_103956.thumb.jpg.f6be71fd8a25b4cc78573fa83b299c44.jpg

My fatbike has turned into my go to bike. I'm sick of the arseholes on the road so look for forestry commission trails and the like. Ok it's fat and slow but so am I.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

20171229_103956.thumb.jpg.f6be71fd8a25b4cc78573fa83b299c44.jpg

My fatbike has turned into my go to bike. I'm sick of the arseholes on the road so look for forestry commission trails and the like. Ok it's fat and slow but so am I.

I’ve had a couple of my friends telling me how much they love their fat bike, I’ll see what deals Leslie Bike Shop has when it’s their next open day and maybe I might take the plunge.

Nice bike by the way, what’s the spec on that one?

Edited by statts1976uk

It's a very basic one http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-dune-fat-bike-p347149?utm_source=AWin&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin&affid=73985&awgid=0&awbid=0&awid=73985&awpid=3450730719&awcr=

I didn't want to spend a lot as I wasn't sure if it would be a passing fancy but I use it all the time to nip around town. Great fun in mud as it just floats over the surface instead of getting stuck.