Official P&b Cycling Thread

5 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

To be fair if you or your pathetic group are involved you're an utter scumbag. Risk injury to people.

Like I said, "Kind of sums up the smal minded, hard of thinking , anti- cycling, fat lazy c***s that shuffle amongst us " and PBB certainly falls into that category 

8 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

No it won't

To be fair if you or your pathetic group are involved you're an utter scumbag. Risk injury to people.

My Local trails have been getting sabotaged as well, logs over them and fishing line tied between trees. All off road, someone is going to get really hurt soon.

7 minutes ago, stu_mfc said:

My Local trails have been getting sabotaged as well, logs over them and fishing line tied between trees. All off road, someone is going to get really hurt soon.

arseholes plain and simple i understand us being cyclists annoy the life out of some people but to the point where these idiots set out to purposely try and cause crashes and cause actual bodily harm to another human being because they ride a bike is sicking.

10 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

arseholes plain and simple i understand us being cyclists annoy the life out of some people but to the point where these idiots set out to purposely try and cause crashes and cause actual bodily harm to another human being because they ride a bike is sicking.

Yup, getting worse as well. Fair amount of trolling going on in here but you can actually see it on the roads, not been one day this week on my commute that a driver hasn't overtaken me to immediately stop and park or turn left across me. Its the sort of manoeuvre that cant be anything other than deliberate.

Edited by stu_mfc

1 hour ago, statts1976uk said:

Booked my hotel last week for Loch Ness Etape 2018 already, rooms in town are filling up quickly if anyone is needing to sort out accommodation.

I'm all for these events, closing the A82 between Inverness and Fort Augustus for a few hours from 6am on a Sunday morning is no great inconvenience to most people. It regularly gets closed so they can scrape up suicidal motorcyclists anyway. The most frightening thing from my perspective is driving down it on a normal day at a conservative 50-60 mph and encountering a pellaton just round a bend in the road, with a lorry coming towards you on the other side.

There's certainly a "them and us" mentality gathering pace, fuelled by the media and lapped up by the same kind of people who hang on every word the Daily Record and the Mail spouts. Thing is, it's creating an adversarial culture where people are being injured, maimed and killed by bad drivers. 

If you hit a pedestrian it's automatically your fault as a driver. Same should apply for cyclists I reckon, backed up with sentences that reflect the seriousness of the crime. It's beyond belief that a driver can kill a cyclist or pedestrian and only get fined for it.

11 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Impossible to get an appointment I'm afraid. Resources are being stretched by fat diabetic arseholes from Perthshire. 

His wee Kia's suspension must be groaning under his weight!

With his idea that since cyclists don't pay "road tax", not that anyone does but that's a different story, and therefore shouldn't be allowed on the road where does that leave his wee Kia with its annual dues of maybe £30? Surely he should be giving way to more taxable motors?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-41269520

Another day and sadly more thuggery from cyclists.   

Please put the bike in the shed and see a psychiatrist*  

* Not every cyclist is mentally ill.   Not every lion is dangerous.  

If we were to post every idiotic or road rage motorist we'd be here all day long

Cycled out to Thornhill this morning it was bloody freezing and quite foggy

Nippy 58 mile club run over Glendevon on Sunday, but managed an average of just under 21mph

Well chuffed. 

Eta . Overtook a few Kia Ceeds en route 

Edited by Unleash The Nade

57 minutes ago, stu_mfc said:

Full day at Glentress Saturday past, mixed up "off-piste", blue and red trails. Over around 4000 ft of climbs over the day. Legs like jelly yesterday.

Great fun down there but really tiring 

Being mainly a road biker I used to laugh at the low amount of miles some mountain bikers used to do then say how tough it was .... until I tried it myself!

4000 feet of climbing on a mtb is some  going 

3 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Great fun down there but really tiring 

Being mainly a road biker I used to laugh at the low amount of miles some mountain bikers used to do then say how tough it was .... until I tried it myself!

4000 feet of climbing on a mtb is some  going 

Think it worked out at 28 miles in total and that was from 9:30 till 5. The climbs are technical as well so not thinking about it most of time. 

38 minutes ago, stu_mfc said:

Think it worked out at 28 miles in total and that was from 9:30 till 5. The climbs are technical as well so not thinking about it most of time. 

I actually enjoy the climbs as much as I enjoy the descents tbh

last time I was there , there was a group of rather large guys and I wondered how most of them had managed the climbs , until I saw them all being taken to the top in pick up trucks just to batter back down the runs :D

3 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

I actually enjoy the climbs as much as I enjoy the descents tbh

last time I was there , there was a group of rather large guys and I wondered how most of them had managed the climbs , until I saw them all being taken to the top in pick up trucks just to batter back down the runs :D

Larger guy breezed by us on a climb, took a second before realising it was an e-bike. Fair moving.