Geocaching

HGG

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I see.

My first search was fruitless, despite it being an easily rated find. Bumped into a guy a know who turns out to be a geocacher himself but had not tried for the one I was after.

I need to try to understand the clue codes rather than rely on GPS.

This looks fantastic. Just signed up and there are 4 within about a mile of me. should bring some excitement to my days off.

The iPhone app is £7! Does anyone have it and is it worth the money?

iv got the android app, and it was £6.99 so im assuming its exactly the same. and yes, its worth it, lets you use your phone instead of the gps and although not perfectly accurate its usually close to within 2-3 metres

This looks fantastic. Just signed up and there are 4 within about a mile of me. should bring some excitement to my days off.

The iPhone app is £7! Does anyone have it and is it worth the money?

There is a free one on Andriod which is brilliant. Called C:geo and links onto your GEOC.com profile. Have a look for that before shelling out.

Just been out to one by the pond (next to Glasgow Pond Hotel) on Great Western Road but couldn't find the cache in the dark. I know I was in exactly the right place.

The toilets at the BP garage were out of order so had to pee in the park. Saw a man (a real jakey) grab a woman (probably his partner) out a phone box and the two started fighting. I was just passing them at this point but never looked back. The noises suggest he battered her.

An interesting first geocaching adventure!

Girl I used work with was well into it. Her and her husband would travel the country at weekends tracking down caches.

Had a quick look online and sure enough there were quite a few near me.

Didn't try to find them tho.

I found one in Germany in the summer holidays with my pal. Love it!

There are quite a few near me - I'm looking forward to the boy being a bit older so that we can do it as a family. :)

Joined up and discovered there's one right next to my home. So no need for sat navs or even map references to locate that one. :lol:

While in Ayrshire went out today to locate a couple that are nearby. The little bit of history attached to some of the locations has made interesting reading.

Had my first attempt tonight. Apparently it was next to the momument of some 11th Century Norwegian politician. I couldn't find the monument :( I need a better strategy than looking at the wee map and thinking "aye, it's in that direction."

Archived