The Big Bang Theory

Ned Nederlander

Always a shame when a show runs for longer than the time when it was actually good (I'm thinking The Simpsons here) but TBBT looks like it's heading down that same route.

Last night's episode -- Leonard gets jealous when Raj moves in and spends time with Penny. *sigh* I don't know why I watch this any more, when the most interesting thing that happens is watching all the characters pushing their food around their plates with a fork.

On 3/31/2017 at 14:22, MSU said:

Last night's episode -- Leonard gets jealous when Raj moves in and spends time with Penny. *sigh* I don't know why I watch this any more, when the most interesting thing that happens is watching all the characters pushing their food around their plates with a fork.

It opened up with a shot of Penny doing 'downward facing dog' did it not? 

That's why I still watch it

On Saturday, April 01, 2017 at 21:03, deej said:

It opened up with a shot of Penny doing 'downward facing dog' did it not? 

That's why I still watch it

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

"The stories are boring and repetitive, and viewing figures are down. What are we going to do?
Get Penny to bend over."

Series renewed for 2 more seasons.

Twice this has been mentioned and not a single picture!

I just watched the last two episodes. Its not longer a chore watching this, its an actual pain.

In the episode where Raj first moves in, there isnt one scene where the couples arent together. The whole show was built around the relationships between, mainly, Leonard and Sheldon and Howard and Raj. Thats gone, completely gone. I dont think Sheldon appeared without Amy in the entire two episodes ... and what the actual f**k was all that collaborating shite about? Awful, just awful.

It utterly depressing just how far this show has fallen. FFS Stuart had the best lines over those two episodes

• 2 weeks later...
I just watched the last two episodes. Its not longer a chore watching this, its an actual pain.
In the episode where Raj first moves in, there isnt one scene where the couples arent together. The whole show was built around the relationships between, mainly, Leonard and Sheldon and Howard and Raj. Thats gone, completely gone. I dont think Sheldon appeared without Amy in the entire two episodes ... and what the actual f**k was all that collaborating shite about? Awful, just awful.
It utterly depressing just how far this show has fallen. FFS Stuart had the best lines over those two episodes

I haven't watched any new episodes for ages and, by the comments on this thread, I'm obviously not missing out on anything. Sad given how funny it used to be.

I haven't watched any new episodes for ages and, by the comments on this thread, I'm obviously not missing out on anything. Sad given how funny it used to be.

Yeah I watched the newest 2 yesterday, utter shite. Someone made the point about how it used to just be the guys, with the girls added in. I think the only time in the 2 episodes there wasn't any of the women on screen was probably when Sheldon was splitting his time between Leonard/Howard and Amy. So even then she was involved.

Edit- It was Mr X about 3 posts ago

I think once, I blew a bit of extra air out my nose at something. Closest to a laugh I could muster.

Yeah I watched the newest 2 yesterday, utter shite. Someone made the point about how it used to just be the guys, with the girls added in. I think the only time in the 2 episodes there wasn't any of the women on screen was probably when Sheldon was splitting his time between Leonard/Howard and Amy. So even then she was involved.

Edit- It was Mr X about 3 posts ago

I think once, I blew a bit of extra air out my nose at something. Closest to a laugh I could muster.

The problem now is there are only two ways this can go. Either the couples continue until the end or they start splitting them up. However, even if they split them up its not getting rid of the girls - see Sheldon and Amys first split - so it would probably end up worse than what we have now.

The other fly in the dog turd is the baby. It's fine basically ignoring it exists while it's this age but if the show continues past another series or two suddenly it has to make an appearance too.

I'd like it to follow the 'Friends' route - Sheldon argues with Amy about something, then goes off and pumps someone from the comic book shop, leading to him yelling "WE WERE ON A BREAK" every time he sees her afterwards. 

Anything to move away from the utterly mundane shitefest it has become.

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

I reckon we'll get to hear what the baby is thinking. The number of episodes where Sheldon is left looking after the baby are endless.

You're half way right. The spin off with "young" Sheldon will almost certainly be a Wonder Years type voice over effort.

That being half decent is all we have left to hope for.

17 hours ago, deej said:

I'd like it to follow the 'Friends' route - Sheldon argues with Amy about something, then goes off and pumps someone from the comic book shop, leading to him yelling "WE WERE ON A BREAK" every time he sees her afterwards. 

Anything to move away from the utterly mundane shitefest it has become.

Alternatively....

Raj and Howard finally get together which sets off the following chain of events

A heartbroken Bernadette leaves Howard and goes to live with her Dad

Leonard and Penny fall down the lift shaft whilst shagging. Both are killed.

Amy starts dating Stuart and they decide to move to Montreal.

Sheldon finally snaps and goes on a shooting spree at the University. There is a rather touching final scene where he is curled up in his office under the desk. Outside the entire police department are lined up guns drawn. Sheldon is singing Soft Kitty to himself as a gas grenade comes in the window...

Chuck Lorre's final vanity card is to apologise to everyone for not ending this sooner

Alternatively....
Raj and Howard finally get together which sets off the following chain of events
A heartbroken Bernadette leaves Howard and goes to live with her Dad
Leonard and Penny fall down the lift shaft whilst shagging. Both are killed.
Amy starts dating Stuart and they decide to move to Montreal.
Sheldon finally snaps and goes on a shooting spree at the University. There is a rather touching final scene where he is curled up in his office under the desk. Outside the entire police department are lined up guns drawn. Sheldon is singing Soft Kitty to himself as a gas grenade comes in the window...
Chuck Lorre's final vanity card is to apologise to everyone for not ending this sooner

Chuck Lorre has a lot more to apologise for than that!