The Big Bang Theory

Ned Nederlander

28 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

that young sheldon thing is actually happening? jesus wept.

I actually think that could be ok. It cant be any worse than the current spin-off

Ive started watching it again from the start. Its almost depressing how much funnier it used to be

On 2017-5-18 at 13:38, Mr X said:

I actually think that could be ok. It cant be any worse than the current spin-off

Ive started watching it again from the start. Its almost depressing how much funnier it used to be

I am sure I have mentioned before in this thread but Season 2 was the highlight for me. I did tune into the last episode of Season 10 and thought it was okay but it's just about their relationships now. It's not really "nerdy" as it once was before (I know some people don't think it really ever was).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've started this again a few weeks back.  Currently on season 2 and it's better than I remember it being.

You forget how great Howard was back then - 

Wolowitz: “Penny, let me take this opportunity to point out that you are looking particularly ravishing today.”
Penny: “Not with a thousand condoms, Howard.”
Wolowitz: “So there IS a number.”

44 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I've started this again a few weeks back.  Currently on season 2 and it's better than I remember it being.

Wolowitz: “Penny, let me take this opportunity to point out that you are looking particularly ravishing today.”

The neutered him when he got married off to Bernadette.

47 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I, too, started it again a few weeks ago. Im currently struggling through the haircut years. I've also documented the points where it all starts to go TU (sad, I know)

On 7/21/2017 at 09:49, RiG said:

This is possibly one of my favourite scenes in the earlier episodes of TBBT.

Weirdly I watched that episode last night.  This was some of the best run of episodes in the early series.  The Christmas episode where Sheldon receives the autographed dirty Leonard Nimoy napkin is one of my all time favourites.

On 25/07/2017 at 13:56, The Minertaur said:

Weirdly I watched that episode last night.  This was some of the best run of episodes in the early series.  The Christmas episode where Sheldon receives the autographed dirty Leonard Nimoy napkin is one of my all time favourites.

Agreed, great scene. Look how Sheldon is actually shaking with excitement as he realises what the gift is!

I just recent watched an episode from Series 4 where Howard built a robot arm for the space station & started using it for various applications.  Inevitibly he ended up in hospital with it jammed on to his boaby, tears were streaming down my face.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2017 at 16:29, Taxman said:

I just recent watched an episode from Series 4 where Howard built a robot arm for the space station & started using it for various applications.  Inevitibly he ended up in hospital with it jammed on to his boaby, tears were streaming down my face.

I bet they were streaming down his face as well...

• 1 month later...

Watched the premiere of the new season just to see if it was worth getting back into. It was alright and I'm likely to give the next episode a go. 

The new show Young Sheldon is pretty shite though. Not funny and not sure what it hopes to achieve. We already know he was super smart and everyone hated him, we don't need to see it.

BBT: Utter shite. A team of writers had four months to write 22 pages, 6,000 words, and they totally fucked it up. Sheldon should have turned up, proposed, had it accepted, and then IMMEDIATELY LEFT. And to have Bernadette pregnant again is just a repeat of the last season. Which wasn't great. And they still haven't a fucking clue what to do with Raj.

Young Sheldon: I kinda fell in love with this. Infinitely better than I was expecting. It's like The Wonder Years but where Kevin Arnold is a autistic genius. It benefits from not having a laughter track, seeing how Sheldon's intelligence influences everyone else in the family (particularly the dad) .  All the actors in the family are great, but the kid who plays Sheldon is spot on. The opening minute with the train set has more heart than the last 44 episodes of BBT combined. His twin sister steals every scene she's in. It feels more honest than the last 100 BBT episodes.

"Think, monkey. Think." 

BBT: Utter shite. A team of writers had four months to write 22 pages, 6,000 words, and they totally fucked it up. Sheldon should have turned up, proposed, had it accepted, and then IMMEDIATELY LEFT. And to have Bernadette pregnant again is just a repeat of the last season. Which wasn't great. And they still haven't a fucking clue what to do with Raj.
Young Sheldon: I kinda fell in love with this. Infinitely better than I was expecting. It's like The Wonder Years but where Kevin Arnold is a autistic genius. It benefits from not having a laughter track, seeing how Sheldon's intelligence influences everyone else in the family (particularly the dad) .  All the actors in the family are great, but the kid who plays Sheldon is spot on. The opening minute with the train set has more heart than the last 44 episodes of BBT combined. His twin sister steals every scene she's in. It feels more honest than the last 100 BBT episodes.
"Think, monkey. Think." 

A lot of this. Some of the scenes in BBT were better than last season - Stuart still gets the best lines though - but the overall story lines are dull and uninteresting. Sheldons continual personal growth sucks too.

Loved Young Sheldon though. Really good casting and some nice dialogue and as MSU said a genuine heart and warmth to it.

I started watching series 10 for the first time as it was added to Netflix, and I didn't find series 9 as bad as I expected. Having just watched the episodes with the dinner party followed Sheldon’s flamenco dancing in an attempt to seduce Amy, and I’m close to giving up on it already.

It goes from a slow, albeit unconvincing, character development to try and make Sheldon more normal to the writers basically saying f**k it, we can do what we want.