Garden Options

HGG

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 minute ago, Rugster said:
Run around the garden every so often waving your arms shouting "Wooooooo".

Not far off what I'm doing just now tbh.

Put a scarecrow in? 

Watch out for traveller men chapping at door. BEAWARE

I have one instance I’d disagree with this. A few years ago at my old house I got quoted about £250 odd (forget the exact figure) to get some huge conifer trees trimmed and shortened that were growing over from the oddball cow that stayed over the backs garden, buckling my fence and ruined my grass because of the roots.

A few days after got a chap at the door and a wee traveller boy asking if we needed any jobs doing. Asked him if he had ladders and loppers and if he could sort the trees. Took £50 for it, did a cracking job, fixed a bit of the fence and took all the cuttings away too.

The grass seed is down now. Anyone have any tips to stop the b*****d birds from eating it?

Lay some mines mate.

The grass seed is down now. Anyone have any tips to stop the b*****d birds from eating it?
I put a bit of fine compost on top. It keeps most of it hidden from the birds and helps it germinate. . I guess if it is a large area it might not be practical.

Offer them a choice of Indian, Chinese or whatever.
They'll fly off in disgust at the last option. 
Spoiler Not a lot you can do as Ylf says.  If you can cover parts with raised netting it might help a bit but your more likely to catch a stray cat or seagull. 

This is exactly what I'd do. Google "fine garden netting" there's one on oypla its 24.99 for a 2m x 50m roll, couple of stabs at either end to keep it raised should do the job.

21 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:
23 hours ago, Ylf said:
Ask Willo flood to stand in yir gairden. That will keep the fukers awa

Nah, he'll sign for the neighbours tomorrow.

Don't worry - they'll send him back within the week

• 10 months later...
9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

IMG_20190611_214314.thumb.jpg.ba8c7add9f1cce88dc0bf262049d4297.jpg

Nice job that Doonhamer. Not much fitba on this week so been great getting out in the garden with the light nights. Forecast next few days isn’t good though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Going to be getting my garden done next month, slabs all replaced etc and beds made round the borders and in a corner which is all currently just a shitty mess. No questions for now really, just introducing myself to this fine thread as I will have many questions specially around plant selection etc as I am totally clueless.

I am thinking about keeping a wee section aside for wildflowers etc for the bees. My "lawn" which is in fact just moss and clover seems to be a haven for bumblebees it is currently teeming with them. Its nice to see.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Going to be getting my garden done next month, slabs all replaced etc and beds made round the borders and in a corner which is all currently just a shitty mess. No questions for now really, just introducing myself to this fine thread as I will have many questions specially around plant selection etc as I am totally clueless.

I am thinking about keeping a wee section aside for wildflowers etc for the bees. My "lawn" which is in fact just moss and clover seems to be a haven for bumblebees it is currently teeming with them. Its nice to see.

Will you be getting any gnomes?