Garden Options

HGG

Correct and maybe but it's stable with tesco. I know what I get with tesco. Building a wall like the one there is basic. Hardest part is the levels n foundation.

At 31 I'm still unsure on a career :-(

Monoblock I get help with that. That is a lot harder. Building walls I feel comfortable in doing. Do need some guidance

Made a great job of the block work

• 4 months later...

Chomping at the bit to get back in and finish off. During the winter months I’ve re-felted the shed roof, put up the fencing needed and put electric lights and sockets  into the new summerhouse. Mon spring, let’s be havin ye

Chomping at the bit to get back in and finish off. During the winter months I’ve re-felted the shed roof, put up the fencing needed and put electric lights and sockets  into the new summerhouse. Mon spring, let’s be havin ye

I know how you feel mate, i totally transformed my front garden last year, only thing i need to do is pick some nice buff for round the edges between the grass and the raised beds.

Its the back gardens turn this year, greenhouse will be dismantled and a contractor coming in to dig it out onto 2 levels (£800 to dig it out and take away the spoil), top level will be decking me and my cousin will do and a small bit of new grass (for the dug). I'll be using sleepers to build a small retaining wall between the levels and the bottom level will be slabbed with a bit right up the back for the kids trampoline and the greenhouse (where there's more sun). Ripping down the old wall and putting in a new 6ft fence with gate as well.

Its a fairly big project to tackle in between working full time and looking after 2 kids but cant wait to get cracking!

This sounds like a cracking project :-)

I'm one of these people that put it off and put it off but once its started, i get right into it, i think as soon as i get the greenhouse down it'll gather momentum!
Cant wait until the first night im sitting on the new decking with a beer and my chimnea burning!!

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I know how you feel mate, i totally transformed my front garden last year, only thing i need to do is pick some nice buff for round the edges between the grass and the raised beds.

Its the back gardens turn this year, greenhouse will be dismantled and a contractor coming in to dig it out onto 2 levels (£800 to dig it out and take away the spoil), top level will be decking me and my cousin will do and a small bit of new grass (for the dug). I'll be using sleepers to build a small retaining wall between the levels and the bottom level will be slabbed with a bit right up the back for the kids trampoline and the greenhouse (where there's more sun). Ripping down the old wall and putting in a new 6ft fence with gate as well.

Its a fairly big project to tackle in between working full time and looking after 2 kids but cant wait to get cracking!

Last year I got rid of a decking to put big summerhouse in, got the guttering up, electricity in, office furniture in, used as her craft shop now. Stones lifted and artificial grass laid. This year need to do a bit staining, do out the old summerhouse as a playroom for the grandkids and most importantly pressure hose the front drive mono blocks and re whacker the kiln dried sand in. Want to have the hammock Back out for the beginning of May to enjoy it

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Using a pressure hose on the mono blocks, you are taking the goodness from underneath the mono blocks.
Just get fine sand and brush it into the mono blocks. That's if you want your mono blocks to last longer.

I would if I could get the sand past the moss. Neglected the front garden last year, due to prioritising the back

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Using a pressure hose on the mono blocks, you are taking the goodness from underneath the mono blocks.
Just get fine sand and brush it into the mono blocks. That's if you want your mono blocks to last longer.

The goodness! Are you eating it?

I'll put the blinds down and pretend it's not there.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Anybody done any exciting revamps in the garden this summer??
Not me personally but we've hired a company to just turn the dump out the back into a grass area for the wee one to play in and some decking for us. They just started laying the decking today. They estimate they've taken away around 21 tonnes of concrete and the first layer of top soil was around 10. So I reckon I've made the right call not doing it myself. Not done yet but it's coming along nicely:-

IMG-20180802-WA0003.jpgIMG-20180802-WA0008.jpgIMG-20180802-WA0006.jpgIMG-20180802-WA0007.jpgIMG-20180802-WA0004.jpgIMG-20180802-WA0002.jpgIMG-20180802-WA0005.jpg