The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England's bowlers were excellent today, opening spells from Ball and Wood set the tone and they were then backed up by Plunkett and Stokes. Excellent variety from all 4 seamers with the cross seam delivery proving very effective. NZ were well placed at 158-2 from 30 but they ended up all out for 223.

Plunkett is consistently excellent - deserved the rewards for his opening spell. Great to see Rashid playing well - gives England a different option (which they really need sometimes).

Most encouraging thing is that England got 310 without really firing with the bat - if Hales, Root, Stokes or Buttler had managed to kick on then they would have been looking at 340.

No, it was something else. Someone had said "this is a PTTGOYN thread so bash on" or something. But there you go. I've not been round here long enough to know all the Pie n Bovrilisms. Took me long enough to get the brace meaning one goal and M9 etc patter.

Anyway, surely if it was to he equal they'd just both be called "the Australian cricket team"?

In all honesty I had no idea 'the southern Stars' was the official name, I thought it was just a nickname. Changing the official name to the Australian Women's Cricket Team but keeping the Southern Stars as a nickname sounds sensible to me.

Good, Virat Kohli has a face I'd never tire of punching and an attitude to match.

edit: there's a few of that Indian team seem like prize p***ks as well. Really used to like them when it was Tendulkar, Dravid, Dhoni, Kumble etc too.

Edited by Fuctifano