The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Was always a order for The Kiwis to win at the MCG, never expected them to get a hiding like that though.

Aussies best ODI team in the world by quite a distance it would seem. Ashes going to be fun this summer... Back to back whitewashes? :D

It'll be closer than most folk would imagine. I reckon 2-0, the rest being rain-affected draws.

The only definite prediction is that there will be a load of attention-seeking media shite from KP, and his hangers-on, clamouring for his return. Not that such a thing would faze the Aussies, he was massive factor in the last annihilation.

The Aussies still aren't very good at playing the swinging ball, as evidenced by Boult ripping the hole out of them in Auckland so there is potential for England to get at them. However England are in total disarray and provided the main Aussie pace bowlers can stay fit I can't see anything but an away win.

Certainly wouldn't put it past the Kiwis to beat them either tho I'm not sure if they're going to be missing players through the IPL.

Australian squad for the West Indies and Ashes tours announced today. Fawad Ahmed included plus the Marsh brothers.

Australian squad
  • Michael Clarke (capt)
  • David Warner
  • Chris Rogers
  • Steven Smith
  • Shane Watson
  • Adam Voges
  • Mitchell Marsh
  • Brad Haddin
  • Mitchell Johnson
  • Ryan Harris (Ashes only)
  • Mitchell Starc
  • Josh Hazlewood
  • Nathan Lyon
  • Fawad Ahmed
  • Peter Siddle
  • Peter Nevill
  • Shaun Marsh

Guessing the team out of that at the moment would be

Rogers

Warner

Watson

Clarke

Smith

Voges

Haddin

Johnson

Harris

Starc

Lyon

(not picked, S Marsh, M Marsh, Nevill, Ahmed, Hazlewood, Siddle)

England's latest attempt

Cook

Trott

Ballance

Bell

Root

Stokes

Buttler

Broad

Tredwell

Plunkett

Anderson

(not picked: Lyth, Bairstow, Rashid, Wood, Jordan). Moeen would probably come back in if he's fit or Lyth would open with Trott at 3, Ballance shifting to 6 and Stokes dropping out.

Definite advantage Australia there.

Graham Gooch - you captained a rebel tour of SA, got banned & then returned to the England team. I don't think I've done anything as bad! 1f640.png

479 retweets479 favorites
Retweet

smackdown.gif

Edited by Sloop John B