The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Following that on TMS then Twitter was brutal. Delighted for all involved in Scottish cricket. It gets sneered at by most Scots but these lads have quietly and steadily been improving over the last 25 years. They thoroughly deserve today.

Importantly, a real marker set down to the ICC after the farcical 10 team World Cup decision.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just magnificent from the Scottish lads. The level of professionalism these guys have about them these days is terrific. 

It remains an absolute disgrace that the cricketing authorities have reduced the world cup to 10 teams. Apart from the fact that these 10 already receive saturation coverage on tv and the tournament will be as dull as f**k as a result, cricket must be the only sport on the planet actively reducing the numbers at their showcase finals. Greedy c***s. 

Just magnificent from the Scottish lads. The level of professionalism these guys have about them these days is terrific. 
It remains an absolute disgrace that the cricketing authorities have reduced the world cup to 10 teams. Apart from the fact that these 10 already receive saturation coverage on tv and the tournament will be as dull as f**k as a result, cricket must be the only sport on the planet actively reducing the numbers at their showcase finals. Greedy c***s. 

Moaning about it from teams that didn’t qualify might have been justified but it was never going to be as convincing an argument as the one Scotland delivered today

9 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Absolutely excellent day today. What really struck me, over previous times I’ve seen Scotland, was how good the fielding was. Some really good work. Burnt to f**k now. 

Scottish Cricket is definitely getting closer to England levels. For example, I dropped a catch yesterday very similar to Root's spill today.

Entertainment, drama, performance... and result! Today had everything. Scotland confounded my pessimistic expectations by not collapsing when they lost two wickets in quick succession after a great start; then again when hauling themselves back into contention after Bairstow's innings; and then once more Ali and Plunkett seemed to have put England in charge again. Amazing stuff. Delighted. 

I've cultivated that aforementioned pessimism over many years of watching Scotland, but this group are something special and maybe they deserve a bit more of my faith! They certainly deserved the win and the plaudits that come with it. Well done Scotland. 

The sunburn will be worth it... 

Thought the commentary on Five Live Sport Extra was patronising throughout.

Think they forget they broadcast outside England.

Not impartial one bit.

A million times kept going on about how surprised they were that it was sunny and not raining.

Kept referring to “they” and “them” when referring to Scots supporters and players.

But who would expect anything else.

Just as well we won’t be part of the B in BBC soon. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Not impartial one bit.

A million times kept going on about how surprised they were that it was sunny and not raining.

Kept referring to “they” and “them” when referring to Scots supporters and players.

Just as well we won’t be part of the B in BBC soon. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I listened to it and didn't feel that at all. You can't expect some sort of equal treatment in cricket - when the gulf between the teams is, and always has been, huge.

It's not in any way comparable to rugby or football.

I thought they were complimentary of the Scottish team, and the event as a whole.

I listened to it and didn't feel that at all. You can't expect some sort of equal treatment in cricket - when the gulf between the teams is, and always has been, huge.

It's not in any way comparable to rugby or football.

I thought they were complimentary of the Scottish team, and the event as a whole.

I did too. It was decidedly the TMS second string though. I like Jimmy Anderson on commentary; that’s clearly his next career.

I also noticed Sky sent their full rota of commentators, with Atherton, Bumble and Nasser Hussein.

Not impartial one bit.

Tbf, as regards the weather, today was the 3rd time my mate has went to the Grange for an ODI, and it's the first time he has actually seen a ball bowled in anger.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Tbf, as regards the weather, today was the 3rd time my mate has went to the Grange for an ODI, and it's the first time he has actually seen a ball bowled in anger.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I remember a much anticipated match between Pakistan and India at Titwood in 2007.

Not a ball bowled. ☹️