The Cricket Thread

bewlay

What a performance with the ball from Scotland. 

199 is certainly doable but is certainly no gimmie either. Allowing themselves to get too excited could prove to be Scotland's downfall. Chasing less, albeit very marginally, than 4 an over means there's no real need to chase early on. Bat sensibly and build a platform. We can't afford a middle order collapse as against Ireland. 

Getting very excited about this. To repeat, what a performance with the ball. 

Edited by John MacLean

A World Cup without the West Indies would be an absolute shocker. I can't help but feel like Richard Pryor at the end of Superman 3 here.
The ICC are going to have cricket pie all over their shirts, fingers crossed.

Yep, terrible decision by the ICC. I like the Windies but if they don't qualify it's exactly the result the ICC deserve.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

A World Cup without the West Indies would be an absolute shocker. I can't help but feel like Richard Pryor at the end of Superman 3 here.

The ICC are going to have cricket pie all over their shirts, fingers crossed.

There's always the possibility that the ICC will expand the format of the finals after the qualification process is complete 

Great effort in the field and with the ball by Scotland. It won’t be easy,  burn this is very winnable now. If Coetzer can anchor the innings, we can get this done. Agree that the ICC will most likely have a change of heart about the ill-conceived slimline 10 team tournament if Windies lose this.