The Cricket Thread

bewlay

The ECB have cleared Ben Stokes to play and he is expected to join up with the squad in New Zealand. They have said that because of the expected time until the trial it would be unfair and disproportionate to stop him playing until then. Disciplinary proceedings by the ECB against Stokes and Hales will be put on hold until the legal process is complete.

Every time England get things wrong there's calls to change absolutely everything get things right in 4 years time.

Just got gubbed in an away ashes series? It's clear that we need the Kookabura ball in county cricket, We should stage Durham vs Lancs in Dubai etc...

Made an arse of a tour to the subcontinent? rearrange the whole English game to suit young spinners!

Of course nothing gets done because other priorities soon move up the list

Except, seemingly, the fall out from the humiliation in the  2015 world cup . The ECB would appear to have made a concerted effort to focus efforts on 2019 and stuck to it.

We look good in ODIs. Looking at Australia's scorecard vs England tells a tale. Warner scored another century at a good run rate, but there were very few contributions from the rest of the batsmen. With England the runs were shared across the team and even the batsmen who didn't contribute a huge number of runs managed to get what they did quickly, at a much better rate than the Aussies. Woakes looks a different player in the ODIs compared to the tests.

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

We look good in ODIs. Looking at Australia's scorecard vs England tells a tale. Warner scored another century at a good run rate, but there were very few contributions from the rest of the batsmen. With England the runs were shared across the team and even the batsmen who didn't contribute a huge number of runs managed to get what they did quickly, at a much better rate than the Aussies. Woakes looks a different player in the ODIs compared to the tests.

I don't understand how the test team wilt in the same bowling conditions as the one dayers.   I get the financial focus is on one day games, but you'll never convince me they have the same gravitas as test matches.  I'm all for playing tests at 4.5 runs per over, FWIW, so I'm not just a cricketing luddite.

181-4 for convicts  in response to England's 303 where Buttler who should be in test team getting a ton,

They now require 7.4 an over

Smith just given out and the frog faced twat is raging.  Looked in real time like it carried so given out, in response the replays are inconclusive.   Vaughan says it's out, umpires say it's out and pleasingly the Australians are seething.

Oh and KP is rimming Mark Taylor saying it's not out.

* Comment from Vaughan, "Taylor is Australian and Pietersen may as well be these days".

Edited by Tynieness

Just been watching the U19 WC Quarter Final. England had Australia all out for 127 in 33.3 overs. Along comes spin bowler and ranga, Lloyd Pope. He took 8/35 off 9.4 overs as England all out for 96 in 23.4 overs.