The Cricket Thread

bewlay

It certainly seems the headbutt was actually nothing and was misreported in the first place.

Jonny Bairstow 'headbutt' something he does with his rugby mates, says Andrew Strauss - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42136826

What I love from this report though is that:

28th Oct - Root says there is no drinking culture.

29th Oct- Team arrive in Perth and pretty much go straight down the pub. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Well surely it's a positive that he's allowed to leave the UK in terms of they must have assurances he's not going to be told to come back for legal proceedings between now and the beginning of January?

There was also talk at the time of the incident that he had been asked to voluntarily surrender his passport while the investigation was ongoing. So either that was bullshit or he has now been given it back.

There was also talk at the time of the incident that he had been asked to voluntarily surrender his passport while the investigation was ongoing. So either that was bullshit or he has now been given it back.

Or the charges have been dropped?

Never really saw the last 2 days but it did confirm my worry about England's bowling being toothless. I fully expected Australia to chase 170 without too much stress but none down in the 4th innings is shocking. I've no idea what the Lions schedule is but if Wood can get overs under his belt before Perth he might be just as important as Stokes.

15 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What was Lyon saying? All I saw was Bairstow ("nothing much happened, the England boys were having a chat with the Western Australia boys") and Bancroft ("yeah it was a bit strange he kinda said hello with a little headbutt but I think it was just his strange greeting, we had a nice chat afterwards") this morning. Maybe Bairstow is just as mad as a box of frogs. Who knows.

“There’s going to be heated moments ... I’m all for it. There’s a line, we’ll headbutt the line but we won’t go over it,” Lyon said.

I don't think anyone has ever said, "we'll headbutt the line" as any kind of idiom.

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Heavy rain forecast for Adelaide (@Eednud can confirm?) this weekend.

First day of summer and it's rained almost non-stop from just before 10 last night. Stopped just now but more on the way although the tropical style deluge forecast has supposedly passed us by and heading east.

Official Bureau of Meteorology forecast for Adelaide is. 2 days ago we had a high of 39.4c!

Forecast for the rest of Friday

Summary
showers.png
Max 21
Showers.
Possible rainfall: 4 to 10 mm
Chance of any rain: 95% rain_95.gif

Adelaide area

Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers. Winds northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h shifting south to southeasterly 20 to 25 km/h during the morning.

Fire Danger
Mount Lofty Ranges: Low-Moderate
Adelaide Metropolitan: Low-Moderate

Sun protection recommended from 8:50 am to 5:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 11 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Showers. Adelaide 21
Showers. Elizabeth 22
Showers. Glenelg 21
Showers. Noarlunga 20
Showers. Mount Barker 17

Saturday 2 December

Summary
showers.png
Min 14
Max 19
Showers easing.
Possible rainfall: 3 to 8 mm
Chance of any rain: 80% rain_80.gif

Adelaide area

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and early afternoon. Winds southerly 25 to 35 km/h.

Sun protection recommended from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 11 [Extreme]

Sunday 3 December

Summary
light-showers.png
Min 13
Max 21
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40% rain_40.gif

Adelaide area

Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Winds southerly 20 to 30 km/h becoming light during the evening.

Sun protection recommended from 8:50 am to 5:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 11 [Extreme]

Monday 4 December

Summary
light-showers.png
Min 13
Max 22
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 30% rain_30.gif

Adelaide area

Cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming southerly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening.

Sun protection recommended from 8:50 am to 5:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

Tuesday 5 December

Summary
cloudy.png
Min 13
Max 23
Cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 10% rain_10.gif

Adelaide area

Cloudy. Light winds becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day.

Predicting some serious heads gone from England if the series continues the way it’s started. Anderson moaning that the Australian’s are “bullies” and complaining about the way they were bowling, Root moaning about Smith laughing during Bancroft’s press conference. Won’t be long before we see English players packing their bags mid tour again.