The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Realy don't see the point of DN tests in late August in England.  Firstly Test crowds are top notch anyway in this country, secondly it's bloody freezing and thirdly because of the time it gets dark in the UK it really isn't much of a day nighter to be fair.

Onto the cricket, just when you think the Windies can't get any lower they somehow reach a new level of pishness.  Pitiful cricket from such a once great outfit.  On another note I think the S C Broad may well be on a downward curve which is a concern ahead of the ashes.  Need to get a fit Woakes back into the line up as I dread to think what would happen to TRJ over there.

Realy don't see the point of DN tests in late August in England.  Firstly Test crowds are top notch anyway in this country, secondly it's bloody freezing and thirdly because of the time it gets dark in the UK it really isn't much of a day nighter to be fair.
Onto the cricket, just when you think the Windies can't get any lower they somehow reach a new level of pishness.  Pitiful cricket from such a once great outfit.  On another note I think the S C Broad may well be on a downward curve which is a concern ahead of the ashes.  Need to get a fit Woakes back into the line up as I dread to think what would happen to TRJ over there.

I can only see it as practice for the one in the Ashes. Is there really much of a push for it in England?

I can only see it as practice for the one in the Ashes. Is there really much of a push for it in England?

They reckon that as many as 40% of the tickets sold were to people who had never attended a test match before.

Windies have been dire, bowling unit was awful. They would have been delighted when the rain came on.

The only way I can see it pushed is if it makes it easier for Tv for the visiting nation. Not knowing the time differences off hand I'm not too sure who this would be beneficial for but I guess it makes sense agains the Windies as they are behind us so could presumably watch more of the test match without getting up earlier. For the subcontinent though, where the money is, it may make things worse.

Follow on enforced finally. Can't remember the last time I watched a test where a team were asked to follow on.

The thinking nowadays seems to be that you want to give your bowlers a break before they get wired in again. England's bowlers were barely out there for 3 hours today so should still be fresh enough.